cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,

Will anyone in this group sign up for Ebay's new holiday extended return?  If you are signing up or have signed up, what is your strategy for making up for the lose of top rated pecentage and fees.  I will lose top rated because I will not be signing up. I can't afford to wait 60 days until someone decides they don't want my item or send it back used and claim it was not as described. As a seller, this is going to hurt my business. Is anyone thinking of stop selling and wait until after the holidays to start back selling? Will you cut back on listing items? I just want to know what others are thinking and how they will go about this. All answers are welcome. Thank you.

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Sign up for extended hoilday returns or NOT!!!

They accept propay and skrill as payment options. They were not very knowledgable on either one of them. They do not currently accept Stripe (which is my other payment nethod on my website). The propay and skrill are affiliated with ebay but not an extension of paypal, Be aware, should you go with either of these options your payment is not immediate. Because they take credit cards and debit cards it could take up to 7 days to receive your payment. With Stripe it takes 2 days before the money is in my checking account. As for the email I copied and pasted, the woman I sooke to had no idea what I was talking about so I had to forward it to spof at ebay dot com for verification. I will let you know what I hear back from that,
Message 31 of 40
latest reply

spoof...sorry  hunting and pecking is not my strong suit. Having just had surgery on my left hand makes it difficult to type well

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

Wow, up to seven days hold on your funds. Do you wait until funds clear your account before you ship your items? How does that work for you? Do you have a lot of chargebacks from website sales? Have you ever had them to come back after 7 days and debit your account for a chargeback?

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

I only had to wait 7 days for the first one, after that it only takes 2 days. yes, i wait to ship but you dont have to. i have not had any chargebacks to date. It sounds scarier than it is. I'm only speaking of Stripe. Ive never used skrill or propay. I have learned that Skrill has less fees but charges $5 to transfer your funds to your bank. ProPay has alot of fees. You can google them and compare the two
Message 34 of 40
latest reply

Who do you have your website through? Do they offer free trials?

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

I saw this in the annoucements section.

Posted October 27th, 2014 at 3:46 PM Filed in: General Announcements

Good news for Top Rated Sellers: Extended holiday returns no longer required for Top Rated Plus bene...

I’m pleased to announce that eBay will not require extended holiday returns for your listings to earn Top Rated Plus benefits in November and December—including the 20% final value fee discount—as previously announced.

Now you’ll get a bonus 5% discount off final value fees—along with your current 20% discount—from November 1 through December 31 for all eligible Top Rated Plus listings that offer extended holiday returns.

This will help ensure eBay has the best inventory for buyers this busy holiday season. And, as a valued Top Rated Seller offering the current Top Rated Plus services, you’ll continue to be rewarded for your ongoing commitment to providing great service.

Note we’ll also be highlighting extended holiday returns on item pages and search result pages starting in November. This will be a great way to attract buyers and boost your holiday sales—so if you haven’t already, add it to your listings now!

Happy holiday selling!

Jordan Sweetnam
Vice President,
Seller Experience

- See more at: http://announcements.ebay.com/2014/10/good-news-for-top-rated-sellers-extended-holiday-returns-no-lo...

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

I have Stripe. It came with my store on Godaddy.com...but eBay does not support them
Message 37 of 40
latest reply

Glad I'm not the only one who got the email. I have removed my extended holiday rentals. I wonder how many sellers will keep theirs. I also wonder how low we will drop in the best match
Message 38 of 40
latest reply

Thank you for your encouragement. It looks like I'll be on ebay for until the 26th of this month. I'm still trying to figure out Amazons fees for a seller with no store
Message 39 of 40
latest reply

You are welcome. I hope everything works out. Smiley Wink

Message 40 of 40
latest reply