cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback & Critique on ME page Please :-)

sana01
Enthusiast
Hello all, :-) I changed my me page again because the last one was too long and wordy. I would love some feedback & critique from you. Thank you for your time, Sana
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Feedback & Critique on ME page Please

smcwoodworking_1
Enthusiast
Hey Sana, First thing I would do is to put your name on top then a welcome paragraph or two explaining yourself, your business and values. Next, I would start a new table and put your TOS (terms of service) in that. Myself, I like a short and sweet TOS on each auction page. I feel the about me page should be about the person / business I'm dealing with and their values. You may want to put a link to all your auctions in the top of your about me page as well. I would also consider shorting your TOS a bit. "My Auction Policies" is still rather lengthy. As I'm learning the hard way, too much information is sometimes not good. I try my best to use only positives. Try to refrain from using I don't, I won't, not, etc.. Make sure you run a spell checker. I'm waiting on my last auction to end so I can make some spelling corrections myself... errr GREAT FEEDBACK!! Just my less than .02 cents. Please don't take anything personal. Stanley SMC Woodworking
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

sana01
Enthusiast
Stanley, :-) Thank you very much for taking the time to review it. I do appreciate it. I don't take it personal. Remember, I asked for it. LOL I looked over your ME page and I really like it and I like the stuff you make. :-) I'll try to work on my Me page and make it less wordy. I like the suggestion of putting the link to the auctions at the top too. I'll come back after I work on it again. For now, good night and thank you again. Sana
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

sana01
Enthusiast
Oh yes, I found the misspelled word too. LOL It was the penny at almost the end. right? or were there others?
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

smcwoodworking_1
Enthusiast
Sana, My spell checker picked up the following: parcl (pink)money recieved proffessional Stanley
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

toccoa_river_art
Enthusiast
Hello again Sana! I think they're still a bit wordy and tiring to read. I quit when you said delivery confirmation is required. It's free for you to use online, but that sentence makes it seem you are charging them for it. (pink) money order is being picked up by spell check because you have to put spaces between the (pink) and the word money. I notice you don't put spaces where there are brackets. I can cut the terms down if you'd like and you can see how they look. Just the fine points would be good, actually. Short and sweet like Stanley advises is the best way to go. I don't ever go to me pages for terms, so I'd probably miss them. I only put terms on my auction page and I have one term. Bid and pay. I don't spell things out and have not had many problems with people not paying insurance, etc. Lynn 🙂
Message 6 of 6
latest reply