cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messages not showing up in inbox

For the past week my messages from sellers and buyers will not show up in my ebay inbox but I get an email on my gmail account,.  So strange. What to do? 

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

I have the same issue. I called ebay, they said they are fixing it. but not sure how long it takes.
Message 2 of 47
latest reply

If the problem persists, try to add different email box - not gmal, but any other and to make it primary with the eBay ID - probably it would make system to self-update with the right functions.

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

Same problem with us. No messages ...only a few arriving. Not even evbay cases, returns, refunds, ....nothing. Frustrating.

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Same here, persistent alerts, when trying to reply  there is no message to reply to, I have to read the gmail version, I even reply there. 

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Day 6 and no resolution whatsoever. Unbelievable! some messages are getting through direct e-mail but nothing showing up at inbox folder.

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

I called ebay yesterday 4/13/2017 with the same problem "no messages" in my inbox since april 04, 2017 She walked me thru some settings. Go to my ebay, summary, then account. Click on manage communications with buyers.  Scroll down to Manage questions and answers, then edit, confirm all three options say yes, then submit. This should fix the problem. Ebay sent me a "test" message and I received it in my ebay inbox messages and also my regular email. Yes, Good to go! Not so fasst! I haven't received anything since, so I'm going to call ebay back Monday.  

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

I have the same problem, they told me no tech support and had no solution 😕

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

I have had a similar issue. No messages (except from Mother eBay) show up in my eBay inbox. And NO messages that I send through the eBay interface show up in my eBay Sent items . It doesn't matter if I use the internet version of eBay or the iPhone app. Same issue. However, I receive copies of messages sent from users to me only in my Yahoo account. I called eBay over two weeks ago about this. The eBay customer service rep told me she put in a request to eBay IT, but that I would need to give them 21 days to look into it and fix it. Still no resolution. Still waiting...
Message 9 of 47
latest reply

Same here not recieving messages in my in box but recieving telephone calls fron customers stating they have messaged me been going on about a week

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

Same here not receiving messages, 21 days is extreme when our listings are for only 28 days
Message 11 of 47
latest reply

I am having the exact same problem! Most messages are not showing up in my inbox, only getting messages in my email, however I cant even respond to messages because they don't exist once I try to respond! Very VERY frustrating! I called and they have no clue why!??!?!

PLEASE HELP if anyone knows what to do! This is a serious problem!
Message 12 of 47
latest reply

I'm principally a buyer. Early November 2017 no inbox msgs. Sent msgs show. Also msgs from EBAY eg you made an offer of xxx on item yyy also don't show.

Called ebay support. Guy acted like I was making it up. Wanted a specific example of a reply which was in my yahoo mail but not ebay msging. I gave him one. He then checked sender's sent box and the senders msg to me was not there. Sent msg to me not in SENT and not in my INBOX either.

Said they'd look into it. ? ?
Message 13 of 47
latest reply

Having this same problem now. I reply to my Gmail messages and hope it gets to them that way.

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Also currently happening to me. eBay is on a real roll right now. Updated the mobile app to pure awfulness and now I'm not receiving messages, which caused a day delay in shipping. Amazing.

Message 15 of 47
latest reply