cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I being charged listing fees suddenly when it says I have 23 free listings left?

I came home today to my email full of uncharacteristic emails from ebay.

One says that they automatically relisted one of my items and I don't recall putting any of my items in an automatic relist category. Given that it's charging me fees now (more below,) how do I find out if it charged a fee for this auto-relist I never created?

Another email says "buyers can now make offers" on my listings which makes no sense because I already had multiple listings set up with best offer accepted.

Another few emails are asking me to relist other items, but when I try, there is an insertion fee. My seller dashboard says I have 23 free listings left and these are things I already listed for free in the past. I triple checked that there is no promotional things ebay would have added and can't find any reason I am now being charged. I tried multiple different items and all are showing up with a $0.35 fee.

This comes after I spent hours with customer service about the system sending an incorrect address via email two days ago. No one seemed to know what they were doing or how the system works. Their customer service seems like they were never trained.

I am a casual seller. I sell things here and there and am not a big store. Please forgive my ignorance on these things. I looked at other posts but their answers did not address my situation. Thanks ahead of time for your responses.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why am I being charged listing fees suddenly when it says I have 23 free listings left?

Looking closer, the listing they automatically relisted was changed. They took out the buy it now option and also put a best offer option on it for half the price. What the heck is going on? I am ready to give up.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ditto.  I have 62 listings left in my store account this month and when I try to list something a listing fee is assessed.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I had 2 left...same thing happened to me.  .35 cents fee....I did not re-list.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Now that August has started, they bumped me up to 200 free listings and I have been able to relist each item I was trying to yesterday. They were all free listings. I have no idea what's going on.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

TRIED TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON REGARDING THIS BUT COULD NOT. EBAY STOCK IS FALLING DUE TO THIS... BRING BACK LIVE PHONE SUPPORT. IF ITS DUE TO THE VIRUS HAVE THEM WORK AT HOME LIKE OTHER COMPANIES!!! YOU CAN AFFORD IT... VERY FRUSTRATING AS THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME EVEN THOUGH I HAD 183 FREE LISTINGS LEFT.... SHAPE UP!!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Same here.  I had 10 free listings left, which had an end date of 8/1/2020.  I relisted 10 items on July 31.  I was charged $3.50.  I used the automated chat assistant  option and the assistant credited my account.  The credits appeared within 5 minutes of my chat.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply