cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Known Issue: Orders being cancelled automatically stating 'cancelled for non-payment'

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

What was it?

Some members were experiencing an issue where a purchase was being cancelled immediately after purchase, stating the buyer had not paid.

Is there a workaround?

-This issue has now been resolved, please review further for more detail -

What should I do if I'm impacted?

-This issue has now been resolved, please review further for more detail -

-------RESOLUTION NOTICE-------

What happened?

Following a global rollout of the new cancel function for unpaid items announced earlier this year, some members began experiencing transaction cancellations immediately after purchase, stating the buyer had not paid. The root cause of the issue affected only Best Offer transactions and related to the "Preferences for items awaiting payment" setting which allows sellers to automatically cancel unpaid items. 

eBay Resolution

A fix was rolled out Thursday, May 20, that is stopping this issue from occurring on any new Best Offer transactions. Additionally, we are emailing buyers that received cancelations due to the bug, letting them know that their items may have been relisted and are available for purchase. If your account was impacted by this issue, buyers may be reaching out to you directly.

What do you need to do?

For many sellers, canceled single item listings were immediately relisted. For sellers with multi-SKU items, the listings were retained but the quantity available was adjusted, removing an item where a purchase was attempted. Unfortunately, the ability to reverse canceled transactions was lost. If your item was not relisted and has not since been purchased, you may safely relist at this time.  If you were in contact with a buyer attempting to purchase your item, we encourage you to tell the buyer your item is again available.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

[RESOLVED] Known Issue: Orders being cancelled automatically stating 'cancelled for non-payment'

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

A fix was rolled out earlier this afternoon that should prevent this issue from occurring going forward and teams are working to identify transactions that were impacted as well as the best next steps to take. 

I will update this thread as I have that information.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 2
latest reply