cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Requirements Not Met!

I have been an ebay seller for 25+ years on my original account and 14 years with this account.  I was getting ready to send listings to auction this morning and got the following error message:sellerreq.jpg

This is crazy!  Am a TRS with no problems.  Am in Managed Payments since December. I searched the discussion boards and found a few sellers complaining about this back in mid-January but no further discussion or resolution.  Anyone else see this?

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Seller Requirements Not Met!

@hummingbirdman wrote:

Still NO fix and its February 11th

Did you read the post above yours with a fix?

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

Okay so I am grasping at straws now with this question....So under managed payments I was told you do not need a backup payment as this account does not have as shown in the picture.

I have another account BUT that does have a backup listed.

So my question is, do you think it could be a glitch that the bulk relister does not work cause there is no backup payment method???

I did ask ebay thru twitter and they said that's not it BUT I am now wondering.

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

opps, I just saw your posting, going to do that now, thanks!!!

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

OMG thank you so much, it now works for me after I added backup payment method!!! EBAY should hire you!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

After several failed calls with eBay about this problem, I just learned tonight that I am in Phase II of managed payments. As a result, it seems I am unable to set up an automatic payment method, even though I am being told to do this through a note in the "Tasks" box in seller hub. In fact, "Payment Method for Seller Fees" under my "Seller Account" tab shows nothing there and is grayed out. It would appear that Phase II of Managed Payments does not require (or even allow?) the ability to add a different automatic payment method, yet the eBay selling platform still requires it. Until resolved, I believe that I will be stuck listing items one at a time.

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

Ok, fixed it myself as well with the help of thevintagesilvershop 

Go to Overview not summary view

Look to the left side of the screen under tasks. It showed one task as set up a payment card. When I clicked on that, it led me to a screen to add a CC to pay ebay for fees. Entered that and fixed bulk listing issue. Amazing help here being that Ebay customer support had no idea how to fix this.

Thanks to all for suggestions.

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

May, I'm having the same problem.  I followed your instructions but I have no "tasks".

Nothing to set up.

It's a glitch that we have to wait for EB to fix.

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

They told me I needed to add my checking account information because they are phasing out Paypal as a payment method. 

In their explanation how they will work through my checking account they made it even more hard to understand. WE all need to protest and tell them to keep Paypal! Why stop a workable and well liked method of payment for one that is not working for a lot of us who have been with Ebay as a seller for many years.

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

Where did you find the place to put your credit card info? I'm having the same issue as everyone else in this thread, and I have searched high and low but cannot find any place to enter my credit card info. (Even though with managed payments, they have no need for my credit card number.)

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

Nevermind, I found it... they don't make it easy! I always hover my mouse over "my eBay" and then click on "selling." Well, if I just go to "my eBay" I get a different screen, with an "account" tab. So I just added my credit card (even though when buying stuff on eBay I've always used PayPal). And trying to bulk relist STILL isn't working. 😞

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

Didn't work for me... I have PayPal plus a credit card listed, and I'm still picking away at relisting 110 items one at a time....

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

@writercranky wrote:

Where did you find the place to put your credit card info? I'm having the same issue as everyone else in this thread, and I have searched high and low but cannot find any place to enter my credit card info. (Even though with managed payments, they have no need for my credit card number.)

Try here in your seller account:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&MyeBay=&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextSellerAccounts&ssPageN... 

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.  This is what I see on my page:

auto pay.PNG

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

Now THAT solution actually worked for me. I am so glad I won't be spending the evening relisting items one by one....

For those still in the dark... that "set up your automatic payment method" item under "tasks" on the "overview" screen does NOT look like a link... but it is.

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

Aaaaand I spoke too soon. Tried to bulk relist 2 items to start with, it went to the bulk relisting screen, but now it's been stuck on the "submitting" screen for a long time. Meanwhile, I opened another browser window and checked 3 more listings for bulk relisting--and I'm back to the "seller requirements not met" screen.

Grrrrrrrrrr. (And they ask me why my username is what it is.....)

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

May1103zoe is correct and this process works.  I called ebay 4 times and they said they were working on it but most did not know how to fix it.  Even though your info may already be on your account, you will need to go through this process and then it will allow you to bulk list.  Thanks May1103zoe you have helped save me hours of work, thank you.  J

Message 30 of 37
latest reply