cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

This thread is dedicated to reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics. Please share details including screenshots, steps to recreate, etc. This thread is not meant to be a place for in-depth discussion of the situation, but to be a  place for you to provide us detail into what you're seeing so we can pass this on to the appropriate teams.

Please know that off-topic discussions in this thread will be moved to their own threads. 

For the most recent updates on this issue please review the Announcements Board.

Message 1 of 389
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for sharing your comments and experiences on this topic. Your input on this has been helpful for the teams involved and was beneficial for them in understanding the ways in which this affected your businesses. 

Our final update on this issue has been posted here. As we consider this resolved we have locked this thread from further replies. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and thank you for selling on eBay.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 389 of 389
latest reply
388 REPLIES 388

I still have several items I can't relist because they are missing the size or inseam. Some of the pants I can't relist come with a draw cord leg so the inseam is not specified on the manufacture's tag because the length can be adjusted. They are just labeled small, medium, large, ect. 

Also my daily sales graph on the seller hub is not populating daily. It is Tuesday and it just caught up to Sunday.

Message 2 of 389
latest reply

It's not just clothes. All you guys ever talk about is clothes. I sell sports cards and sales are down 27% this month even though I have more stuff listed this month than last month. You keep adding requirements, and most of that info is in the freaking title and category. As it stands right now, I have 2,600+ listings that I will NOT be able to relist without a massive amount of work beyond the massive amount of time I have spent getting this far. You need to turn that requirement **bleep** off. One of the requirements is player name, but you don't even have 90% of players listed, so I have to manually type that in the box when I just typed in the title. Team name? In the title as well. I just signed up for a year long commitment to a store, and I was looking to work my way up to anchor, but now I am back to square 1. Thanks for nothing.

IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET RID OF THE DOGGONE STUPID REQUIRED SPECIFICS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT TO WHERE THEY ARE EDITABLE IN BULK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 389
latest reply

Thanks for consolidating concerns into one thread.

Issues I'm currently experiencing -

(1) NEW LISTINGS: Every one of the newly-created CS&A/Baby/Baby & Toddler Clothing categories is missing all item specifics other than Brand. Missing as in the boxes/menus for size, material, pattern, color, etc. do not even exist in the form when listing with these new categories. For example, this is what it looks like when creating a new dress listing. Note that Brand is the only box visible and it is not even red-starred.

Missing IS.png

(2) EXISTING LISTINGS: For all of my GTC items already running, the ones in the "dead" categories (like the old gender-based Baby & Toddler apparel items) have all been recategorized correctly to the new non-gender-based ones. That's good. BUT...most of the item specifics did not transfer over. All of my size, color, pattern, etc. item specifics are currently "Unspecified" (example below is a search in a category that I have a couple items listed in, and you can see there are quite a few besides mine that are unspecified for various descriptors):

Color:Pattern.png

I'm wondering if these two problems are connected. Did the item specifics fail to map and instead end up as unspecified (problem #2) because there are no places in the listing form for them to get mapped into (problem #1)? 

Message 4 of 389
latest reply

I would like to know if this issue is causing problems for buyers. Not just in clothing, but across the board. Long time seller doing everything recommended, yet sales plummeted. Its fourth quarter, sales should steadily increasing! Perhaps changes should be done during slow months, NOT at the beginning of 4th quarter!

Message 5 of 389
latest reply

I'm listing bras.
Under required, attributes "band size" and "cup size" are required.
Under recommended, "size" is a field.

The bras I'm listed are all marked "small, medium or large".  There is no dedicated band or cup size.

Can we please fix this?  Can buyers simply choose a size instead of given 3 different areas to have to click on to find a bra they're searching for?

As you can see, this is what I'm looking at when I'm listing a size medium bra.  

Liz
Message 6 of 389
latest reply

Not just in the clothing
I sell antiques and collectibles and have been having issues listing for the last couple of days
Pictures just vanish, get everything filled in and hit list and poof I get that a number of required fields are missing data THAT I JUST FILLED IN.
Also the sales graph wasn't worked since the update in sellers hub. While it may be minor its a tool we use to track sales looking for issues and trends. Now it just a flat line
Shipping is acting weird with tracking numbers having to be hand loaded or buyers not able to see tracking
Please guys flip the switch back until this can get straightened out. I pay a chunk every month for the store and in fees I would hope we could do better then this.

Message 7 of 389
latest reply

I list in Stamps and have many of the same issues. Many of the required fields are not applicable to the items I list - for example quality choices of mint never hinged etc do not apply to covers.

the item title typically contain the necessary item specifics.

i have an inventory of over 10,000 items to change

the EBay message regarding theOct 15 changes doesn’t even reference the Stamps category 

we we should have the option of using item specifics, it shouldn’t be a requirement 

Message 8 of 389
latest reply

There are multiple issues in the item specifics for clothing and my sales data is still not updating in seller hub. I just spent an hour detailing some issues and then I got an error when trying to post it. Of course, the message was lost.

How are these items specifics going to enhance the site experience and help buyers find our items.  All the items specifics for men and women for different items are in every category. I did 50 listings since the update and I am mentally fatigued by sifting thru so many irrelevant and redundant fields. Poor answers to choose from actually litters search results with the wrong items. Its getting harder for me to find what i'm looking for so I can imagine what buyers new to the site go through.

Clothing Item Specific issues - overall it seems like every IS is included for any item.  

Some specific examples 

Neck size for dresses

Inseam on sweaters/ bathing suits

Pants front type and front type for pants (who approved such changes)

Underwire type/Bra cup under sweater/ dress/jacket

Character/ Character family/ Autograph in all categories

Material and Fabric Type

Color Manufacturer Color (N/A for preowned items)

Sleeve type: how about regular or classic as a choice. Not every blouse has one of the sleeve choices. 

Jackets: Warmth weight/ Insulation material/water resistant level?? Really? 

Measurements should be grouped together and many sellers measure items flat but the form uses circumference some of the time and others it isn't specified.  We should be able to choose how we will provide the measurements flat or circumference if you must. 

Fits Height?  2 women can be the same height and wear different size clothes due to different body proportions.  This is setting us up for INAD cases and every brand is different and has there own size chart. But what about pre-owned items that may have shrunk. 

Lastly, how the item specifics are displayed in the listing is a mess and it is hard to find the more relevant info. I.e. Brand is buried halfway down the list. 

Honestly, listing is now a grueling process. It is getting harder and taking longer yet it takes 2 mins on other platforms. The structured data team should be required to buy and sell a small amount of items per month. It seems they are too removed from the user side and are not making logical changes. 

Message 9 of 389
latest reply

Already spent over an hour 2 days ago on the phone detailing the problem, OK? Got a solution?

Message 10 of 389
latest reply

Can you issue a list of Values that we should be using within the item specifics.

ie the new item specific "Inseam" you can only use 28, 30, 32, 34 etc which is perfect

for Size there are over 150 options!!

If I am listing a pair of jeans with a 36 inch waist should I be using 36, W36, 36 in, 36W, 36R?

Until we know we can't list them correctly and buyers won't find our items.

Message 11 of 389
latest reply

Do I have to use Item Specifics to list an item?
Message 12 of 389
latest reply

The designer brand St. John is no longer available as an option for item specific brand in womens brands.  There are several other brands missing as well. 

Message 13 of 389
latest reply

Big problem with searching items and they are not coming up on ebay or store. Ex. Columbia snow ski suit always showed up whether buyer searched Columbia ski suit OR Columbia snow suit. Old listings still will come up. But not new listings. So if a buyer searches for Columbia ski suit, new listings will not show up on ebay search or store search. Sellers may not realized this since most may not have the time to "research" for their listings. You may want to check to make sure you are getting the full search. I discovered this when I was with a friend and she wanted to see what I had for Columbia ski suits and only 4 older suits came up. I just listed several the day before. Ebay needs to get this fixed. My sales are down and now I know it's because BUYERS ARE NOT SEEING EVERYTHING IN A SEARCH ON EBAY SEARCH OR SELLER STORE SEARCH!
Message 14 of 389
latest reply

I am still unable to revise any of my listings using the bulk edit feature in regards to item specifics.   While I can individually revise the item specifics on existing items, the bulk edit option continues to display a message that "0 of xxx listings have not been revised" upon trying to revise item specifics.

Message 15 of 389
latest reply