cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

This thread is dedicated to reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics. Please share details including screenshots, steps to recreate, etc. This thread is not meant to be a place for in-depth discussion of the situation, but to be a  place for you to provide us detail into what you're seeing so we can pass this on to the appropriate teams.

Please know that off-topic discussions in this thread will be moved to their own threads. 

For the most recent updates on this issue please review the Announcements Board.

Message 1 of 389
latest reply
388 REPLIES 388

Re: Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

Nothing for almost a month is pretty disappointing and we’re supposed to think everything is fine and dandy? Not even an update to tell us so? 

Message 376 of 389
latest reply

I couldn’t agree more. Completely unacceptable.

Always a newbie!
Message 377 of 389
latest reply

So, I need to take out an item from my listing BECAUSE MY MOTHER WANT'S IT FOR CHRISTMAS, BUT I CAN'T TAKE IT OUT BECAUSE YOU SITE IS NOT WORKING AGAIN. So this means either I pull my listing which is the only thing selling right now or i sell ANOTHER ITEM THAT I DON'T HAVE.

Why doesn't the ceo of this company fix this problem that has been broken for years now, Where's the credit to our account for all the hours we spent searching for items already sold, that your site never deleted. THIS IS SO UNFAIR TO US, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Message 378 of 389
latest reply

@millcreekrescue909 

I am now faced with trying to "fix" my personal listing Auction2000 listing program which I have used since 2001. And my AW guru keeps getting these "updates" from ebay (just got one 2-3 days ago which now totals 2 updates since October 17). All of it is garbage. It has totally destroyed my program. Now I have to go in to each active listing, see what they have maybe fixed, only focus on the "requireds", then hit revise. Then have to go back into my program and make it match.

They have totally destroyed a program that was totally current up until now, pristine. All data matched what ebay had prior to October 15. So my theory they are doing these fixes piece meal is true. They need to just finalize everything then give out the corrected data. Sorry for the rant...but for me it isn't just fixing my actives, it involves also fixing my listing program. Just glad I only have 29 actives. Feel sorry for those of you who have way more listed. Rant over...anyone know when there will be some kind of announcement like "these are the areas we have fixed, these are the areas we cannot fix" but doubt the "cannot fixes" will never be admitted. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 379 of 389
latest reply

I can sympathize. My account has been completely unusable since 10/21 due to the "Immediate Payment Required" issue.  Can accept payments but cannot list, relist, edit or sell similar.  Have posted for 3 weeks in a row on the Weekly Chat with the same old response....we're working on it.  No updates. No fix ETA's. And they have the audacity to expect me to pay my monthly store fee for a store that has been nonfunctional for a month. Truly pathetic!

Always a newbie!
Message 380 of 389
latest reply

@millcreekrescue909 

I have been following your dilemma all along. Your problem should have been fixed the day you reported it or soon after. I just saw some thread recently where the guy had a Vero problem and the Blue took care of it almost immediately. I have no clue how reports are given priority. I do know I was told by CS and by a Blue there is a certain percent they follow as to how many have reported an issue, i.e. like they need at least a 25% report rate or something like that in order to get it worked on? Don't quote me, but that was a few months ago. Maybe you need to keep calling in a Blue and some do have active PMs you can write to. Good Luck. 

Message 381 of 389
latest reply

Thanks. I’m guessing it’s low priority compared to the Item Specifics issue.

Always a newbie!
Message 382 of 389
latest reply

What little joy there was left in listing on eBay is gone. Item Specifics have completely killed all the fun.

Those of you reading who post in CSA categories already know how much *easier* it is to list on other sites. I refused to believe it until now. It is certainly true. eBay's share of the CSA market is going to continue sliding off a cliff if they insist on filling in Item Specifics, or even shoving them in our face as optional. It's just such a PITA to bother with, and it has progressively gotten worse.

Visit our Store today!
Message 383 of 389
latest reply

Ever since the item specifics debacle of the new update, the item specific choice of Dress Pants has been removed. The options are: Capri, Cargo, Chino, Cropped, Jogger, Sweatpants, Trackpants and Not Specified. As seen in the screenshot below there are 137,000+ not specified listings when searching the term "dress pants". 

None of the available styles are anywhere close to being applicable for wool dress pants / slacks. 

Message 384 of 389
latest reply

Having trouble adding a variation to an existing variation listing. My images keep getting deleted. None of the information is getting saved. The page is just circling longer than usual.

Message 385 of 389
latest reply

I called customer service yesterday and was quickly corrected by the customer service tech that "this was not a glitch" having all my item specifics like clothing size missing from my listings.  I directed her to the official announcement thread which she had no idea about.  I requested a refund for my store selling fees for October and November considering eBay has rendered all of my listings unsearchable.  She said she would put in the request and send me an email about it.  I have not received anything.  Disgusted by how eBay is handling this major mistake.

Message 386 of 389
latest reply

Many of us are still having issues, editing and listing items. Items are saying missing size and UPC and they are clearly listed in the ad. As soon as I go into revise it they disappear and require to be added again. We are also having problems listing new items, it won't let our pictures upload. I tried to revise my store photos yesterday and it took about 10 times of going in and out to finally get the pictures to load. It's wreaking havoc. Thanks for working on it.

Message 387 of 389
latest reply

Putting this new Announcement here reported as of today, 11/18/19. Keep in mind, it says "final". So assume if what is stated in this Announcement is not final, I guess this thread can keep on going forward. Thank you.

Message 388 of 389
latest reply

Thank you for sharing your comments and experiences on this topic. Your input on this has been helpful for the teams involved and was beneficial for them in understanding the ways in which this affected your businesses. 

Our final update on this issue has been posted here. As we consider this resolved we have locked this thread from further replies. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and thank you for selling on eBay.

Message 389 of 389
latest reply