cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos not showing up in Firefox browser

Hi,

I used to be a powe seller with two accounts years back. Listing stuff with plain HTML was easy. Now it seems eBay strips away the HTML formatting and makes listings look like garbage. 

I finally found a way to make my listings look half decesnt by using spicy auction templates but now I have another problem. My images only show in Chrome browser. In FireFox and Edge they either don't show or only one image shows. 

Can eBay make listing any more complicated? Here are links to couple of my listings. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-LCD-Screen-Display-Assembly-for-Apple-Macbook-Pro-Retina-A1502-13-2015...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-LCD-Screen-Display-Assembly-for-Apple-Macbook-Pro-Retina-A1502-13-2015...

Any help or input will be greatly appreciated. 

RN

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Is there is supposed to be more than a single image (12-pin connector) in the description body of the second link you posted 153053896447 ?

In Firefox 31 there is no code in the source for the description body for any images other than that one and your banner and warranty info images.

If the templates you are using use JavaScript to do gallery type image presentations, that's your problem. Active content (scripting, etc) is no longer allowed, and may be getting stripped out. If not, then I dunno.

Image galleries can still be implemented via CSS, and html/css master shipscript has demonstrated that around these parts somewhere I believe.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@mac-parts-usa

One of your listings has images hosted on imgur.com

That hosting service will block images from appearing on eBay. You may see the images temporarily in one or more browsers until you clear the caches of those browsers.

You newer listing has the photos hosted on your own server. I assume those are displaying for you.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes, I found that out couple of days ego. Moved all my images under my web hosting site and all is fixed now. Thank you for your help.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply