cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of my eBay messages have HTML coding.

All of my eBay messages that I receive have this HTML coding. It takes up a big portion of the page. Here's a short snippit of the messages. I've been experiencing this issue for a long time, but only now do I decide to ask the forum.

I have already went to Communication Preferences-> Preferred Email Format -> and had it changed to HTML (includes graphics).  I've had it set to Text-only and the change hasn't made any difference.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<!--a71f943b-ab8b-549b-4cb2-514a60170b90_v69-->
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></meta><style id="DS3Style" type="text/css">

@media only screen and (max-width: 620px) {

body[yahoo] .device-width {

width: 450px !important

}

body[yahoo] .threeColumns {

width: 140px !important

}

body[yahoo] .threeColumnsTd {

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

southern_belle722
Pathfinder
hi,
mine too and i can't seem to figure out how to fix it, called ebay and ...well she had no idea except to blame me or my side for something so poof!
Thank You,
Southern Belle
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

They blamed you for bugs in their code? Sounds like something the smart alecks in WaPo tech support would say. LOL

I'm also seeing HTML and a massive amount of CSS in my private messages. It is not the customer's fault your website isn't working correctly. While we're on that subject, why is every property in the stylesheet marked "!important"?

Moreover, someone needs to take a look at the Watch List page. When I delete an item from my watch list, it does the normal AJAX thing like before, but then it reloads the page, and I have to wait for all of the item thumbnails to load again because something in the cache control headers is telling my browser not to cache them.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

To make life ezer you do a drag and drop it.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I have this problem as well.

Plain text is selected in the email account preferences but HTML is what I get. It's difficult to find the actual message text since it's embedded within the HTML.

I tried changing my preference to HTML, saving it, changing it back to Text-only and saving again but no joy, messages are still HTML formatted.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

And they still haven't fixed this... Mine has been like this for a *very* long time, and such a pain in the ass!
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I'm guessing that eBay's templates and display of everything has gotten so "modern" that they either can't (or can't be bothered to) craft a text only email format anymore, and that the "text only" account setting is a dead, non-functional setting for some or all eBay communications.

Why is an HTML email format an issue?

(and I ask that as a retro Luddite who hates change and "modern" things, uses Outlook Express as a main email client under Windows XP, and loves working via the command line and using 35 year old 16bit utilities)
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I've had this issue for years. Every reply in the ebay system shows as a long set of html markup. It's a pain to dig out the answer from there.

Reported it several times, but still no change.

And I'm looking at it in a browser for * sake! Just render it! 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Me, too. It makes their messaging system unusable.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

It's been a problem for years. Still unfixed as far as I can see with the messages I've received today. Frustrating. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Same here.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Now december a few years later and I also have had this for years

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

March, 2022 STILL NOT CORRECTED.  Its obvious they dont care.  As long as they get all their NEWLY INCREASED FEES over and over - why make this a priority for those of us pulling money in for them every 10 seconds.  I never sell on eBay anymore because of this and their ridiculous costs now.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I've been programming for 20 years. When there are issues - YOU ADDRESS THEM!!

I have said many times they hire 12 year olds working on laptops in the bath room.

What sort of service correction can you expect.

Same idiots that can't figure out gun control either!

VERY FED UP!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply