cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports Trading Cards

Why does Ebay insist on ruining this very profitable part of there business?? Sometimes companies can overthink things and it becomes an out of control Frankenstein which Ebay has successfully created with its trading card platform. I could go on and on about the screw ups and the confusion you have infused into this category with all your so called smart brains and experts at the helm destroying what had been a very successful part of your business. My advice to Ebay and it is very simple just get back to the basics of which you thrived off of in the past and quit trying to be the brightest bulb in the lamp with all your stupid analytics, price guides, ETC because all you are doing is causing major confusion for buyers and when that happens they decide not to buy at all or buy from a different site like FB Marketplace who also has become a very nice option to sell on.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sports Trading Cards

@foxxtimetradingcards wrote:

My advice to Ebay and it is very simple just get back to the basics of which you thrived off of in the past and quit trying to be the brightest bulb in the lamp with all your stupid analytics, price guides, ETC because all you are doing is causing major confusion for buyers and when that happens they decide not to buy at all or buy from a different site like FB Marketplace who also has become a very nice option to sell on.

Unfortunately that ain't gonna happen.  But I think all card sellers agree with you. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It's way more complicated for sports cards than it ever was or needed to be. I don't get the price guide analytics..if you want comps you can just check recently sold in 99.9% of the instances.

Wait until all the card sellers & flippers start getting 1099K's next year for all sales over $600 in the U.S.

Card market will take a massive hit then. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I noticed there was no sports card groups in the Ebay commnuity and was wondering if you would be interested in starting one. Just send me a message if you are. Thanks

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It has been tried and everybody left. This board was once one of the better sports boards out there believe it or not. You had lively conversations, policing of troublemakers, and people that actually knew about the hobby from all different prospectives. Now it is just an empty board that has become pretty much a waste of time thanks to all the ridiculous changes that have been implemented.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply