cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid scanning

Is anyone else looking or wanting a way to scan in your entire collection into a searchable database? I have a few cards (way too many for me to sort in a decade) and an auto-feed scanner that scans ID's and such. I'm writing an app that will not only auto enter the data but will also give an initial estimated value. Would anyone here be interested in such an app? If so, please reach out to me, I'm making this app for the community and want to keep the price low so that everyone from enthusiasts to hardcore collectors to widows/widowers that inherited some, will be able to afford to figure out where to start. If you have any ideas that would make excellent features my ears are open!

Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Rapid scanning

Saw this post under the sellers groups in ebay community... was wondering if you ever followed thru with this scanning app idea for sports cards and if so, how did it work  out? I would love to hear more about it.  Taking photos is the most time consuming part of selling sports cards on ebay.  hope to hear from you. thanks....tim

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

So if you are going to make an app like that the big thing is pricing. You are going to want to add (estimated value) based off of the condition the user puts. That way you avoid legal lol.

Another thing is if you want to make it easier, perhaps use google's Vision API? It would save a lot of trouble with card recognition 

https://cloud.google.com/vision

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Sure put your cards in a feeder and let them get dinged up in the process and then not be able to sell.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

exactly.  Cards and Feeders do not go together well.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You mean like the old bulk scanning software that when you scanned 9 cards at a time it automatically broke them out into individual card photos with a way to identify them automated? If that's what you mean (not a feeder) sign me up.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

im interested; did you ever move forward with this.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

That would infolve faith that I have none of in you, a person I do not know.

What's your guarentee?  What's your proof it will work, not lie and is it  money back?   It had better be backed up by money.  Short cuts don't work.  Work WORKS.  RESEARCH WORKS.

sounds a good way to make a lot of mad at you.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for sharing  such  a lovely, optimistic reply.  It's always refreshing to know that there are sellers out there willing to enlighten and encourage their fellow man with an eloquent uplifting style of rhetoric that, honestly, left me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.  Please keep sending out the "go get 'em, you can do it!" vibes.   I'll continue to do my part by replying with the best SARCASM laced responses.  I'll close with a suggestion - you may take it or leave it. It's not my place to give advice or tell others how to act.  With that said, it never hurts to read up on the proper use of  courteous communication skills.  A brush    up on the proper use of the  Queen's English would be time well spent . Best of luck to you.  Enjoy this gorgeous day.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply