cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you list “You pick the cards” type listing?

Hello, I’ve noticed some sports card sellers are selling commons so people can complete their sets. They seem to list most of the sets individual cards with prices for each card and the ability to order unity.  The buyer can pick which cards they need. Can anybody tell me how to create a listing like that? I have some football commons from the 80s that I would like to list that way. Thanks for any help you can offer

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do you list “You pick the cards” type listing?

You can only do these for fixed price listings. In the middle of the page above the photos there is a link that says "variations - edit" you click on that and it opens up. On the "attributes" link I would put like Player/Card#/Set or whatever. Then under that there is a box to create your own. Copy and paste the card description (from like Beckett or Cardboard connection or something) and hit save variation. Rinse and repeat. The order they will show up in the drop down when a buyer views it is via the box on the right , which you can drag & drop.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If you have something similar to sell, you can click the link "Sell Now."

Youtube has videos that can walk you through how to list variations, which is what they are doing. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 10.03.52 PM.png

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You can only do these for fixed price listings. In the middle of the page above the photos there is a link that says "variations - edit" you click on that and it opens up. On the "attributes" link I would put like Player/Card#/Set or whatever. Then under that there is a box to create your own. Copy and paste the card description (from like Beckett or Cardboard connection or something) and hit save variation. Rinse and repeat. The order they will show up in the drop down when a buyer views it is via the box on the right , which you can drag & drop.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the reply! Do you have suggestions for me when it comes to having to have an eBay store to do these type of listings? I’m not sure what level would be needed, if any to list so many cards. Have you had experience selling like this? I was just wondering if selling commons for a $1 is worth it. Some offer free shipping and a % off for buying more than one card. I’m not sure where the profit is after eBay fees postage and Uncle Sam. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks! Could you read the reply I made to the other response and answer any of the questions from your experience? Thanks for the help! 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hey @utgrad92 - did you ever get an answer about selling commons — economics and the need to create a store? I have thousands of cards (obviously many commons) and trying to figure out what to do with them.  What did you end up doing?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I am not seeing that option when I’m creating a listing 😩

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply