cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me spend my ebay prize

Yesterday I got a note from ebay telling me they sent me a $25 coupon because I have been there from the beginning.

My current id started in November 1998.  Anybody start on ebay earlier than me?  I know some of you have changed names over the years.  Who is the earliest ebayer?

To celebrate the prize, I will buy an item from a regular on this board (or the book  collectors board) that you can convince me would be a good addition to my collection.  Here are my interests:

-Local history, particularly vintage history from eastern Missouri or Southern Illinois.

-Vintage pre-1970 sports cards or memorabilia, particularly st. louis baseball.

The item has to sell for $25.01 or more, and should be a decent value.  Does not have to be a bargain.

-As the coupon has a deadline, please mention your candidate on this board by September 7.  I will find it if it is among your listings.  Do not break any ebay rules please.  I will announce the winner once I make the buy.

Mike

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Help me spend my ebay prize

Hey Bugler,

Looks like this board has died.  I still check in once in a while.  I've got you by a couple months.  Started in Sept. 1998.

Lifetime Cardinals here, but have to admit, I don't follow Baseball like I did years ago.  I do have a few Cardinals items in my store, but as long as you have been around, probably nothing you don't already have.  Might be worth a peek.

Stay safe.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Dizzy Dean was a friend of my family.  He and his wife Pat used to visit and bring us pecans.  I had two or three autographed baseballs from him years ago.  I sold two and the one that was given to my son was taken out to play with and never seen again.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Biggie:  I remember you from the good old days.  Yes all boards I used to frequent are pretty much gone.  I will check your stuff.

Mike

Message 4 of 4
latest reply