cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flagged for price gouging on loose cards?

Has anyone else had an issue listing loose trading cards, twice now I have tried to list two different loose trading cards, a Jerry Rice die-cut card numbered /80 and a Stan Musial bat relic card and have gotten the message saying

"Because this item is susceptible to price gouging, it may be sold only by authorized sellers. Do not relist this item.{e73002-1100594x}"

Please help if possible, ebay was no help what so ever.

I really don't see how it can be flagged for price gouging, they are loose cards and I was listing in the correct categories with the correct title, seems like a possibility of an upset potential buyer who did not like my price just reporting me out of spite.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Flagged for price gouging on loose cards?

Hard to understand how "price gouging" could possibly even enter into it.  We're talking collectibles, not necessities for life or survival.  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Is your item being listed in the right category? 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@legacycoins 

There may be a word in the title that is triggering the "bots" to flag the listing.

What is the complete title that you are trying to use?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

This might be the issue...same reason it's hard to sell respirators/masks and other goods that were tough to find last year.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I found the issue apparently the "elite" is flagged for price gouging, once removed form the title I was good. It was an elite Jerry rice football card. Ebay needs to get it together, they require the type of card to be listed but how can I when there system is flagging the word "elite", it's DONRUSS ELITE!! What the absolute $#%@!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Key words cause this.

Mask, face, safety etc..... I am sure I have only listed a few that can cause such: when of course they have nothing to do with  your listing being an item subject to price gouging...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@legacycoins wrote:

I found the issue apparently the "elite" is flagged for price gouging, once removed form the title I was good. It was an elite Jerry rice football card. Ebay needs to get it together, they require the type of card to be listed but how can I when there system is flagging the word "elite", it's DONRUSS ELITE!! What the absolute $#%@!

Well that is a new key word I have not seen causing this problem...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply