cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Authentic Items

Hello to all of you fanatics,

I'm really hoping some of you fine people here may be of some help to a fellow sports fan, albeit a very confused and perplexed one at the moment. I will try to keep this short and concise but went into the matter in greater detail over there, which is how arrived here, via suggestion, to this forum.

Authentic Item Being Removed - The eBay Community

I have several commemorative patches for the Seahawks that I purchased at their official team store (called The Pro Shop) at the then CenturyLink Field and currently Lumen Field in Seattle back in 2018. The patches were sold individually, with no packaging for $5 and were often applied onto jerseys.

I have since listed and sold multiple of these to completion with satisfied buyers. I woke up yesterday to a message from ebay stating that the patches violate ebay's "Counterfeit item policy", to not relist them or "Further Action May be Taken Against Me"...aka suspension or termination of my account. I know however to absolute certainty they are legit and genuine and would be happy to share any and all images or information to help prove it to be so. I can't access the removed listing because I get redirected to ebay's home page via an error message, but I have the item number for a completed listing that is identical to the one that was flagged/removed. It is a commemorative Paul Gardner Allen (PGA) patch in recognition of his passing and owner/savior of the Seahawks in Seattle. Here is that item number 324831023198. 

I reached out to Customer Service via chat but the person claimed that my item was deemed to be counterfeit and essentially, that's that, even refusing to tell me the criteria that was used to determine how/why they came to that conclusion (even if it is an inaccurate one). They did say that a manager would be reaching out to me via email at their convenience but also asserted that they would be of no help to me. I have yet to hear anything, but apparently it wouldn't matter anyway. 

So, I'm wondering if there is any recourse for someone in my situation, or any sub-division or entity of ebay I should be trying to contact directly? Thank you in advance for your time and any suggestions that any of you may have. 

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0