cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit Strider Knives

Is there any brand of knives counterfeited more often on ebay than Strider? I think not. ebay seems oddly resistant to removing obvious fakes after they have been reported.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@bobs1066 wrote:

ebay seems oddly resistant to removing obvious fakes after they have been reported.

Items, like knives, that are "obvious fakes" to someone that may be an expert on knives are not so obvious to an eBay employee.

I don't think they are resistant, just unable. They can't just take someones report as expert and accurate. If a seller claims the items are legit and someone else claims they are not, it's a push. It is almost impossble for an online marketplace, like eBay, to "police" it's listings.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

When a new "Strider" is listed for less than $50 as the buy-it-now price and the country of origin is China, it is obviously a counterfeit. Why does ebay have the mechanism for reporting counterfeit listings if it isn't going to be enforced?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

BTW, ebay is pretty good at removing non-Randall knives with listing violations once they are reported. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Was the country of make listed in the ITEM SPECIFICS ?? My guess is probably not ! When you see this area bypassed its bypassed most times for a reason !! ( MADE in CHINA ) reason !! It's done all the time and the best way before purchasing is to ask the seller where it was made. You will either get your answer or no answer at all !! If not answered you know !! Price can dictate your answer even before you go any further but they still try to trick you so it's best to contact !! 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply