cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer says parts bag ripped open during shipping of bicycle. Unsure what to do.

Hi all,

My buyer messaged me saying that during shipping of his trek bike, a small parts bag that I had duck taped to the side of the box had ripped open.  It was a small ziplock bag taped to the side of the box, a fairly sturdy bag.

Honestly the bag was not flimsy and was well attached.  I feel as if it could have only ripped open due to very rough handling.

He says that one bolt is missing.

It was duct taped or packing taped across the whole bag, attached to the top.  I didn't figure it would be thrown around during shipping.

Do i owe him anything?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Buyer says parts bag ripped open during shipping of bicycle. Unsure what to do.

If parts are missing, send them a new part or see if they'll accept a partial refund to cover the cost of the missing pieces.

If the buyer files an INAD, you'll have to pay return shipping.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Buyer says parts bag ripped open during shipping of bicycle. Unsure what to do.

It may not be your fault, but it is your responsibility.

Partial refund or send another bolt if you have one.

BTW, even if you have a No Returns policy, which is not a No Refunds policy, you are entitled to demand the return of the entire shipment (as recieved) before refunding.

Work out a solution with the buyer. He is probably right, even if it seems unlikely.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

He is probably right, even if it seems unlikely.

It does happen.

I bought an item a few years ago and the package had a hole on one of the sides.

When I opened it, the hole went right through the parts bag and half of the nuts and bolts were gone and the other half was scattered around and inside the machine.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 4
latest reply