cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this butter dish sterling silver ? It is marked but I don't know who made it.

I don't know the makers mark or the name. Butter dish feels very thin to me all most like tin. Any ideas. thank you.100_7905.JPG100_7908.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is this butter dish sterling silver ? It is marked but I don't know who made it.

Don't know the maker, but it looks like it is plated to me. Not sterling at all. Maybe not even silver plate. Hard to tell from the photos.

Lee
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Is this butter dish sterling silver ? It is marked but I don't know who made it.

Need a better photo to id the maker, but does appear to be silverplate.

jk

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

another picture of the mark100_7916.JPG

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I still can't read the letters, but I do agree with other responder that it looks like silverplate, or even perhaps stainless.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You want to look for marks like .925 or it might say sterling on it. Sometimes there will be a lion raising one paw.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply