cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping replacement item to Spain from US

I sold a book to a buyer in Spain and shipped the item to the Ebay international shipping hub in Kentucky.  The item was forwarded and delivered in Spain  and then I received a mesage from the buyer saying I sent the wrong book.  (I certainly believe the buyer because I have been very distracted by health problems lately and have made several mistakes.)   If I cancel the sale and refund the buyer I will need to refund the amount he spent on international postage as well, and I do not know how much this was.  (I am happy for him to keep the book I sent by mistake.)  How do I find out how much he paid Ebay for the international shipment?  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If the buyer opens a not as described claim through eBay and you refund your portion! Pitney Bowes will refund the international shipping portion and import fees.  You aren’t required to refund more than you were paid.

But are you planning on refunding or are you going to send the correct book?  Your title sounds as if you are sending another book but your post doesn’t mention that.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It looks like the least complicated thing to do is ask buyer to open a 'not-as-described claim' to get a refund and then I will offfer the same book for sale at a buy it now price timed to start when buyer is alerted and ready.  Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply