cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping label problem

On June 14, I sold a photograph and shipped it between cardboard in a paper envelope 6x12", less than 4 ounces, first class $3.86.  It was deducted on June 14.

On July 14, I received a short pay fee.   It did not show up under shipping labels as an adjustment.  I contacted the USPS and they couldn't help me because it was not an adjustment from them. 

Cabinet Card Photograph Young Man in Suit H Yera Photographe...
USPS Short Paid Fee
USPS LABEL DEBIT Billing Adjustment Issue : 9400108205499690220433
-$3.86

On August 23, I was charged yet again, exact same wording.

Cabinet Card Photograph Young Man in Suit H Yera Photographe...
USPS Short Paid Fee
USPS LABEL DEBIT Billing Adjustment Issue : 9400108205499690220433
-$3.86

I posted about this and was told to contact eBay Facebook.  I do not have Facebook.  I called customer service and was told it would be credited, but nothing happened.  Is there a time to call to get US help?  Is there dedicated help for payouts?  I cannot keep getting this charge every month.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

shipping label problem

elizabeth@ebay Thanks, I will watch for the credit.  I am attaching a photo in case the buyer wanted proof of the number added.   Does this have to do with the address or anything in particular?  Also, looks like it was a poly mailer, not an enevelope.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

shipping label problem

I did call customer service yet again, as the credit was not received last month.  

He told me is was an eBay glitch, a hiccup and the technical team has been notified.  Right!  If that was the case, others would be posting about it too.

He assured me that a credit would be applied today and I wouldn't see this again.  Right! 

Can't wait for another fee on September 21.  This buyer was a PITA anyway and it went to a shipping company in Portland, OR, and he had it  shipped overseas to Hong Kong.  I blocked the buyer at the end of the transaction--now I wish I could block the whole transaction!

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

shipping label problem

I do not have Facebook.

@evry1nositswindy 

Maybe it's time to sign up... even if it's only for just such occasions. Good luck.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

shipping label problem

"I contacted the USPS and they couldn't help me because it was not an adjustment from them."

Also this^ is a bunch of baloney. The charge originates from USPS and eBay collects it. Find another person at the USPS to talk to. 

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

shipping label problem

@gkn29 I know it is not a labels issue because it does not show up on the shipping label adjustment page. 

4 ounces was paid for and it weighed under 4 ounces.  There would be no reason to charge the same amount of the original label 2 more times! 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

shipping label problem

Was the package thick enough and/or was it completely rigid?  How thick and heavy was the cardboard?

If it wasn't thick enough and it wasn't rigid, it wouldn't be considered a package.  You would need to either ship with stamps untracked or Priority Mail.   It looks like the shipping was upgraded to Priority.

I sell paper.  Everything gets sandwiched in heavy corrugated cardboard 1. to protect the paper and 2. to make it rigid and 3. to make it thick enough to be considered a package so I can ship  FCP.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

shipping label problem

@southern*sweet*tea Yes, it was rigid and large enough to be a package.   I too ship a lot of paper and haven't had any problems in 9 years. 

If it was an upgrade to priority, it would show up under my shipping label corrections, which it doesn't.  There have not been any corrections to USPS shipping labels at all this year.  It also wouldn't be charged in installments like what has happened.  There is no IMPB number, which is why the USPS say it isn't their fee.  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

shipping label problem

That has to be the weirdest charge I think I've ever seen.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

shipping label problem

devon@ebay elizabeth@ebay 

@mr_lincoln suggested I tag both of you to help solve this problem.  Please read the thread and see the attached documents.  Feel free to ask more questions or PM me.  I have contacted customer service twice, once in July and once this week to solve the problem.  Both times I was told it was a 'glitch', a 'hiccup' and they would 'consult the technical team'.  Service request #1-454507520133 (Dean).

I contacted the USPS and was told since I didn't have the IMBP and Revenue Assurance ID from my shipping label cost adjustment, it wasn't a fee from them.  It does NOT show up on my manage shipping labels page.  As stated above, it was a single photo, cardboard on both sides, about 6x12" package.  I have shipped many paper items this same way with no issues.

These photos are from my payout page (printed) transaction details.

I'm afraid I will be charged again next month, as this seems to be a monthly charge--the transaction that won't go away.  I am in the red on this small transaction of a single photograph.

Original transactionOriginal transactionsecond chargesecond chargethird chargethird charge

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

shipping label problem

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

devon@ebay elizabeth@ebay 

@mr_lincoln suggested I tag both of you to help solve this problem.  Please read the thread and see the attached documents.  Feel free to ask more questions or PM me.  I have contacted customer service twice, once in July and once this week to solve the problem.  Both times I was told it was a 'glitch', a 'hiccup' and they would 'consult the technical team'.  Service request #1-454507520133 (Dean).

I contacted the USPS and was told since I didn't have the IMBP and Revenue Assurance ID from my shipping label cost adjustment, it wasn't a fee from them.  It does NOT show up on my manage shipping labels page.  As stated above, it was a single photo, cardboard on both sides, about 6x12" package.  I have shipped many paper items this same way with no issues.

These photos are from my payout page (printed) transaction details.

I'm afraid I will be charged again next month, as this seems to be a monthly charge--the transaction that won't go away.  I am in the red on this small transaction of a single photograph.

Original transactionOriginal transactionsecond chargesecond chargethird chargethird charge

Hi @evry1nositswindy! I'm glad @mr_lincoln had you tag us. You should see that credit reflecting on your account, and I've added you to that ticket. I'm hoping you won't see anymore charges going forward for that. However, at this time I cannot guarantee it, until that ticket is resolved, since this is due to a bug on the site. Those credits should have been taken care of without a problem, so I sincerely apologize for that, but please let us know if you run into issues with that again.  

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

shipping label problem

elizabeth@ebay Thanks, I will watch for the credit.  I am attaching a photo in case the buyer wanted proof of the number added.   Does this have to do with the address or anything in particular?  Also, looks like it was a poly mailer, not an enevelope.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

shipping label problem

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

Good morning @evry1nositswindy. What you're experiencing matches a technical bug on our site perfectly, which I've added to our tech boards here

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

shipping label problem

Thank you elizabeth@ebay .  Let me know if I need to do anything else!  I will post here again if the charge shows up again next month.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

shipping label problem

For those who are still reading this, the credit was received.  Not sure if the general problem was fixed, but it was for me.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

shipping label problem

I've gotten the same problem today, and it was various transactions.  Stuff from april even. 

Screenshot_20230628_192703_eBay.jpg

Message 15 of 15
latest reply