cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

red dot in transit circle on tracking

I think it means the item is stalled entirely and isn't moving at all at the current time. This is my opinion only, but it doesn't look good for these items to arrive anytime soon. Does anyone know what it really stands for? A few items that I have purchased from foreign countries on ebay have this red dot. I ordered some things on Oct.27 and the expected delivery day is Jan.22.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: red dot in transit circle on tracking

This is the text that accompanies the red warinings, I have it on all my 45 packages that are in transit.

"High shipping volumes are causing some delays. Please allow extra time."

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

My last 3 packages have the red dot all were shipped with the new QR code where the label is put on by the clerks at the PO one of the buyers has already opened a case and wants a refund. NOt good right before the Holiday

Today is the first day of the rest of your life
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It's so bad I decided to shut down my store for a week...  or two.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Unfortunately I'm starting to think that we may take the same route. 14 years and have never used the vacation option etc on any of our stores or online platforms and have consistently shipped within 1 day, every single day the post office/fedex is open but this shipping nightmare is absolutely spinning out of control in a hurry. We'll leave things as they are for the website but both ebay stores may be put on hiatus to avoid financial losses and unhappy customers (that still think they should have their package before ebays silly "expected arrival" date). It's rather odd also that you can send messages to customers who purchase thru a website and let them know that there's a shipping delay in this country. They all seem to understand and are patient. Now the ebay and "other" platform buyers? Good grief they act like you're from outer space and feeding them some sort of fib because "I just don't understand why you're saying shipping is delayed, I got a package from so and so last week and it wasn't late". It's not a decision to be taken lightly by any means but when I've got first class and priority packages scattered all across the country that have been stuck in transit (some barely moving if at all for many days) for nearly 2 weeks now, it almost seems idiotic on my part to keep pushing it and making things worse for our business.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

It really feels like a vacation, I even had a nap in front of Netflix today!!!  The lost income... more peanut butter and soup less steak and ice cream.  The feeling of relief is worth it, like a huge boil was lanced.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yeah, we can escape the selling...but the tracking nightmares linger.  I am getting mean messages from buyers left and right.  Don't they realize the pandemic is slowing everything down??  We want their packages delivered too!! 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The red dot has appeared on most of my USPS packages. I just watched my latest book purchase shuttle across from Ill to PA, sit in PA then arrive in my home state of SC. Then it took a baffling return flight to PA. However, having spent 11 years with UPS (years ago), I somewhat understand. The inside UPS slogan was the package is either "moving forward (to recipient) or backward (to sender), we're not a warehouse." When my book went back to Pa, I deduced the tractor trailer carrying packages for my post office was full. Hence the return trip ("we're not a warehouse.") But, c'mon. A book couldn't be slipped into some small crevice in the trailer? With that in mind, I suspect USPS is having $$ trouble and isn't paying overtime or seasonal help, which would help with the seasonal rush. Meantime, UPS nor FedEx seem to have delays such as these..... (I did have a package of several pounds of Black Rifle Coffee park its butt in Va for three days. I figured my coffee was sent to a USPS sipping center and not a shipping center. And my East Cost traveling book? Not even a single post card from everywhere it went! The nerve).

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

It means that your package may be delayed due to weather conditions or other factors. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply