cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No shipping services available for the dimensions you entered"

I've been trying to create an entry for the last couple of weeks for an item (cat treats) that would ship in a standard 9" x 7" padded shipping envelope weighing a little under 4 ounces, but whenever I try to set up the shipping, eBay just throws an error:

"There are no shipping services available for the dimensions you entered." 

So far, I've tried changing the weight to 3oz & 5oz, telling it that I'm using a variety of other standard padded shipping envelopes, swapping length & height, but nothing seems to help.   I've never run into this with an item before, including with other items I've listed more recently than this one.  Anyone know what the heck I might be doing wrong?

--
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: "No shipping services available for the dimensions you entered"

You're missing the 3rd dimension, 9" x 7" is an incomplete size.  Change it to 9" x 7" x 1" and you should be fine.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I'm not sure if this is the problem,  but look to see what you have your package 'type' set at.  If  it is set to letter or large envelope, change it to package (or thick envelope).  You'll find package type near the bottom of the shipping details section.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

For packages like that, I usually select "Fixed" for shipping, First Class Mail for service, and $3.95 for cost (that is sufficient to ship a 4 oz package anywhere is the U.S.).

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Be sure to enter a unit for the envelope's thickness, too.  USPS and the shipping calculator don't care whether it's a box or an envelope.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@shhboom wrote:

For packages like that, I usually select "Fixed" for shipping, First Class Mail for service, and $3.95 for cost (that is sufficient to ship a 4 oz package anywhere is the U.S.).

No it isn't ... not if you are shipping over the counter or with Click-n-ship

First screenshot is Retail, second one Commercial

Fullscreen capture 8262020 32813 PM.jpgFullscreen capture 8262020 32905 PM.jpg

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You're missing the 3rd dimension, 9" x 7" is an incomplete size.  Change it to 9" x 7" x 1" and you should be fine.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

That was it, thank you!  I was setting one dimension to zero because it's how I've gotten used to doing it over on Mercari and PirateShip.  I won't make that mistake again!

--
Message 7 of 7
latest reply