cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" not showing up as delivered

I recently sold an item to a person in China who appears to be using a Portland-based forwarding company to have their items shipped to China. I have read that for some reason many of these forwarding addresses often don't get the normal "Delivered" verifcaiton, and therefore leave sellers at risk of undelivered goods claims. I don't know whether it is a scam or not, but obviously would like to protect myself since the item did indeed get delivered to the address provided by the buyer. 

Tracking number for the item: 9405508205496606943106

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

When shipping to another country there is no tracking other than tracking was provided. Until it is physically in that other country then you might get some sort of tracking. In your case, tracking was only to Portland. The buyer in China will be waiting for package that is at the Portland Company. The buyer might have other packages arriving in Portland and then all packages including yours will arrive....when...? So this is the problem with tracking....how long will your package sit at Portland Company before it moves out of the USA? I have a letter that went to a freight forwarding address...buyer wanted a refund for item not delivered. My letter sat until the buyer got more packages and then everything got shipped out. I questioned my buyer about his address and that it is a freight forwarding commercial address. My buyer stopped communicating to me...guess I didn't have to refund he...not yet...well, actually it's been a couple months now so I think I am safe. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I've  got "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" a few times over the years when I've shipped to the USA from Canada. It will never show delivered. It can also mean that a family member accepted the package on behalf of the family member it was intended for especially if the item was sent with signature confirmation.   

Message 3 of 3
latest reply