cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please mark shipping without tracking number CLEARLY!

I just bought a battery from chinese seller only to be told later on that there is no tracking number!

This sucks! 

The problem is not that i will ve to wait for the shipment or it will take time but i have no idea when it will reach! 

I stay at home alone, and i go out to work.. so if the postman arrives when im not at home then i won't be available.

I would have no bought the product if i knew before! 

I don't understand why ebay does not mention explicitely about tracking number

almost all online shopping sites provide tracking number

fine i understand ebay want to still provide listings that don't but at least MARK THEM CLEARLY! 

grrrrrrrrr

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sellers are not required to use tracking numbers, they are for the sellers protection to prove delivery.

You have the ebay MBG.  You file a claim of item not received when your item is past due.  

Any item you buy from China most likely will not have a tracking number or if it does it may not work once the item leaves China.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@procads

The government subsidized shipping costs from China are very low until tracking is added, so most do not use tracking.

Some USA sellers do not use tracking on low cost items.

I realize the unknown, estimated delivery date covers a multi-day spread, but possibly you could request a notice be left for rather than leaving the item. Then arrange delivery when you can be there.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Many sellers provide tracking number. Have checked several times in the past too!

And btw my request is only this, seller must mention this on their listing so that buyer can take an informed decision.

I am not saying that they HAVE to provide me a tracking number. Its ok if they don't but at least inform in advance. Mention that in your listing!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I understand what you want, but I do not think that eBay will ever make it a requirement for sellers to provide that statement in a listing.

Not an easy way to go, but you may have to start asking sellers if they ship with tracking.  They may not be truthful, so that may not help. Some may offer to ship with tracking for an added charge, and still may not provide a trackable number.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You bought from China, so it will probably be on a slow boat. Sellers do not have to enter tracking.

If you need something in a hurry, don't buy from China.

How did you not know, the estimated date is in the listing.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I don't buy much from China and I wouldn't trust a battery from there. I do buy some craft supplies ( beads, sequins, glitter) and when I do I simply assume that there will be a long delivery and no tracking. I'd say about 1 in 4 never arrive so when it reached day 29 I file an INR.

As for you not being home, what does it matter. No basic tracking and certainly no signature tracking so no need for you to be home for delivery.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply