cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with my shipping policy

so im trying to set my shipping discounts so my customers dont get charged shipping for each of the items they buy, but i cant seem to get the shipping price down. what am i doing wrong? example ; my mre listing is 9 bucks for shipping but when they buy 4 or 5 shipping is 35-45 dollars. which i think is too high. any help would be appreciated. thx

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You are using calculated shipping so you would need to set up a calculated shipping rule    You can set up the rule on your shipping preferences page.

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

Once the rule is set up, you can associate with the listings that you want it to work on directly on the listing page of that item.

If more than one item is going to be more than a pound, you should probably set up a Priority or Parcel Select option as well.  

I'm not certain but your listings may be charging for Priority now for one item even though first class is listed as the service.  If your weight is more than 13 ounces and your listings are set up to charge retail rate, your listing will default to Priority. That is because first class retail is only up to 13 ounces. Commercial rates for first class goes up to 15.99oz. If you want to charge first class for just one item and leave your rates at retail, you can list the package as being 13 oz so that it charges a buyer for first class. But that's up to you of course.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You have so many different items for sale. I would be careful on combined shipping. 

My International buyers cannot send me an invoice for combined shipping...I just mention in my listings I do combine for International Shipping items. Perhaps something of a statement for domestic shipping might help you in your listings. I do free shipping for domestic shipping because it can become a headache with all the emails I might get and figuring out shipping charges.

For my International Buyers who buy more than one thing I do a refund shipping charge which there is a button for that that saids something like "refund shipping discount".

Got to remember, if you undercharge shipping you the seller will be the one who pays for undercharging shipping which cannot be reversed and should not ask buyer for more money for shipping.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm watching this thread for ideas. I sell a variety of items, and do calculated shipping. I just state in the description I'm happy to combine shipping whenever possible. You could add, please contact me.

I haven't found a way to successfully create shipping rules for calculated shipping for the shopping cart especially when the weights varies drastically. Ebay only allows one shipping rule for calculated shipping.

The easiest way is to offer free shipping, but I live on the east coast. It is a lot more expensive for me to ship to the west coast. That is why I don't offer free shipping.

If you use Ebay international shipping, you can not combine international orders. If you ship internationally directly through USPS, UPS, or etc. You can combine international orders, but loose Ebay's protections through their international shipping program.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Another option might be to send a refund after you ship the item. On the orders page click on the small down arrow then click on refund. Type in the reason for shipping cost. That is how I do it. I used this especially right after I started selling and was new to e-bay.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply