cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

media mail nightmare

so even though I was allowed to check media for mailing a book, I can't because eBay says I didn't list it in the book category.  Doesn't matter that eBay allowed  me to check that as a shipping option.  Nowhere on the usps.com website does it state any type of subject that I can't mail media.  The rules for media via USPS hasn't changed since 2008.  Why is eBay allowed to rewrite what usps.com has deemed 'media mail'?  I can go to the post office on the way to work tomorrow and use media mail, can't I?    I don't get it.   

I don't understand how it is that I've been with eBay a little over 10 years and after all this time, some guy is trying to gaslight me into thinking I don't know what media mail is.   

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

media mail nightmare

In an effort to curtail abuse of media mail, eBay's been preventing sellers from printing MM labels if they list in certain categories. As long as your book qualifies you can still ship MM, you just have to purchase the label elsewhere.

Go to paypal.com/shipnow to buy your label.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

media mail nightmare

I use an alternate shipping source (Paypal, stamps.com, Pirateship, etc.) for media mail - it's no use arguing with eBay's weird shipping.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
#NoKing
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

media mail nightmare

Seems strange that they can stop you from using Media Mail to ship a book, but can't stop anyone from using it to ship items that don't qualify.

Simple programming task and more $ for eBay on shipping FVFs.

media mail nightmare

@rebell45 wrote:

Seems strange that they can stop you from using Media Mail to ship a book, but can't stop anyone from using it to ship items that don't qualify.

Simple programming task and more $ for eBay on shipping FVFs.

You can no longer print MM labels ON EBAY for items listed in categories that don't qualify for MM, even if the individual item qualifies.  I have books listed in the collectibles category. If one sells, I'll print my MM label from Pirateship or stamps.com

This is an attempt to try to curb the flood of sellers mailing shoes, clothing, cell phones and other totally non-media items by Media Mail. I get it.

So I just want to say, to all the sleazeball sellers who do this - thanks a big flippin' bunch for making it that much harder for those of us who play right.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 5
latest reply