cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

for Local pickup only item, buyer doesn't response after paid

For Local pickup only item, buyer doesn't response after paid.

I have tried to reach buyer via email(paypal provided) or ebay message and no luck here.

What can I do?

How long shall I wait before cancel this transaction and refund buyer?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you cancel and refund, you'll get a defect for being "out of stock." Is it possible that eBay blocked your message because it contains or requests contact information? Maybe the buyer doesn't check personal e-mail connected to Paypal very often? Any issues with adverse weather and power outages? I suggest you request the buyer's contact information from eBay, even if you already have it. At least you'll get a phone number or perhaps a different e-mail address -- and the buyer will get your contact details, too. Or maybe call eBay and ask them to contact the buyer on your behalf. How long to wait for a response? Depending on the item and the distance involved -- is the buyer really local or several states away? -- I would allow a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 30 days. ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you cancel and refund, you'll get a defect for being "out of stock." Is it possible that eBay blocked your message because it contains or requests contact information? Maybe the buyer doesn't check personal e-mail connected to Paypal very often? Any issues with adverse weather and power outages? I suggest you request the buyer's contact information from eBay, even if you already have it. At least you'll get a phone number or perhaps a different e-mail address -- and the buyer will get your contact details, too. Or maybe call eBay and ask them to contact the buyer on your behalf. How long to wait for a response? Depending on the item and the distance involved -- is the buyer really local or several states away? -- I would allow a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 30 days. ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

There is no reason to issue a refund.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@clw$  There is NO defect when cancelling a local pick-up only purchase when the buyer does not respond to messages or does not pick up.  OP, you can cancel the listing using "buyer requested"...this is per an eBay blue

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/pick-up-only-auction/qaq-p/27228586/comment-id/208859/highligh...

...as for not refunding at all, that would be a decision that you as a seller can make.  Most often the buyer doesn't reply or respond to messages because they didn't realize that the listing was a local pickup only.  Personally, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't refund, but to each their own. 

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply