cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error on global shipping program

I have a customer in the Netherlands trying to pay for an item and she is getting this error.

"When I press the buy it now button. I keep getting an error message. The system wants to open it up to allow sales to the Netherlands."

On my end it shows sold waiting payment.

I am enrolled in the global shipping program.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have this issue every once in a while.  Ebay has informed me that certain countries restrict some car parts.  So since ebay can not evaluate every part individually, they restrict whole categories and keywords, which may fall into those import restrictions.  

I have a regular buyer from Australia and another from Sweden that both have these issues frequently.  Some of the parts that have been restricted have made absolutely no sense to me however, according to CS, it all has to do with their address they are sending it to and the category/keywords the part is listed with.  They can buy it but, they cant pay for it as long as the address is in a country with import restrictions.

This only counts for The global shipping program.  If you relist the same item and ship directly, the buyer can pay.  HOWEVER, if it goes through customs and it's is actually restricted, you could lose your item and have to refund.  So I stay on the side of caution.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I have this issue every once in a while.  Ebay has informed me that certain countries restrict some car parts.  So since ebay can not evaluate every part individually, they restrict whole categories and keywords, which may fall into those import restrictions.  

I have a regular buyer from Australia and another from Sweden that both have these issues frequently.  Some of the parts that have been restricted have made absolutely no sense to me however, according to CS, it all has to do with their address they are sending it to and the category/keywords the part is listed with.  They can buy it but, they cant pay for it as long as the address is in a country with import restrictions.

This only counts for The global shipping program.  If you relist the same item and ship directly, the buyer can pay.  HOWEVER, if it goes through customs and it's is actually restricted, you could lose your item and have to refund.  So I stay on the side of caution.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply