cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay standard envelope not available?

Anyone know why the 'ebay standard envelope' option is disabled? This is frustrating...😬

elizabeth@ebay ??

webpiggy_0-1707858181457.png

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@webpiggy wrote:

This is the listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/156043307004

That explains it. Aerosmith is not on the current list of eligible categories.

You will have to ship untracked with a postage stamp, or upgrade to Ground Advantage package service which also means changing physical packaging.

Follow my advice in post 10 above and email a list to eBay of categories under Music Memorabilia you think they should add to ESE service. You recently got away with shipping a U2 sticker ESE even though the U2 category is not eligible because you had it listed under Grateful Dead in error.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

What are you trying to ship and even if it qualifies what eBay category do you have it in?

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Stickers ... Other Aerosmith Memorabilia

It was an option when I listed it, as you can see the buyer selected it (it was the only option). 

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I'm guessing it's the category it's listed in?

Does Collectables and Art qualify?

Have a great day
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I would imagine if it didn't qualify to ship via ebay standard envelope, it wouldn't have let me select that as a shipping option when I listed it, right? That would be the logical scenario.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Your listings for the Grateful Dead stickers are in an eligible category.

The order value is within the limits.

The weight/dimensions are within the limits.

Try entering 0.25" instead of 1" as thickness.

eBay recently gave us the option of entering up to 2 decimal points on the label purchase page (not yet an option on the listing form). Try changing thickness to the ESE max of 0.25" and see if that makes a difference.

I have an ESE sale I just tested and 1" still works for me, so that shouldn't be the issue, but it's worth testing anyway.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Collectibles and Art....someone just mailed an envelope to me using it

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Also @webpiggy check the buyer's address. Sometimes services are grayed out when there's an issue with the address like a missing unit number.

Looking at the screenshot closer, it says items in that category are not eligible for ESE. What's the item number in question? We can compare it to the list of categories that are ESE eligible. I assumed it was the Dead stickers in your recent sold list, but perhaps that's a bad assumption.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

I know it ... I sent out 3 others today in the same parent category with no problems!

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@webpiggy wrote:

I would imagine if it didn't qualify to ship via ebay standard envelope, it wouldn't have let me select that as a shipping option when I listed it, right? That would be the logical scenario.

Logic and eBay don't play well together.

It's not based on parent category.

There is a downloadable list of ESE eligible categories here:

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/choosing-a-carrier-and-service/ebay-standard-envelope

If a category is not on that list and you believe it should be, you can send an email to ebayshippingteam at ebay.com with the request.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Thanks for the tip @ decimals; good to know but unfortunately didn't work 😞 

I even tried using the bulk listing pathway and it shows ESE as the selection, but when I click on 'Review Purchase', I get this message and both buttons just close the message and returns me to the page. 

I think it's complaining about the category, but it allows me to select this is a shipping option in the listing.

webpiggy_0-1707860116242.png

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Buyer's address seems fine. No weirdness there.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@webpiggy wrote:

You would think, but they let sellers add Media Mail under Ebay Motors for auto parts.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

LOL! I don't even think manuals qualify as media mail! The Joy of Carburetors cross-listed maybe?

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@webpiggy wrote:

That explains it. Aerosmith is not on the current list of eligible categories.

You will have to ship untracked with a postage stamp, or upgrade to Ground Advantage package service which also means changing physical packaging.

Follow my advice in post 10 above and email a list to eBay of categories under Music Memorabilia you think they should add to ESE service. You recently got away with shipping a U2 sticker ESE even though the U2 category is not eligible because you had it listed under Grateful Dead in error.

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 20
latest reply