cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay shipping - splitting cart orders and miscalculating combined shipping

In the past few months ebay has started:

A) splitting orders placed by customers who put their items in the cart and make a single payment

B) can't seem to combine shipping costs on some orders and simply add the individual shipping cost for each item and charges the customer an exorbitant amount for shipping.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?   I have no idea how many customers we've lost because ebay can no longer seem to calculate shipping correctly.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Suggest you go an recheck all your Shipping Preferences and Shipping Rules, as well as some listings that rely on them.  Could even be something copied over from an old template to some newer listings you recently created. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for the suggestion, but that's all already been checked and confirmed.  Nothing has changed on our end, this is all ebay.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Do all the listings affected have the same carrier and level of shipping service (all priority, or all parcel select, etc.)?  As problems can arise when there is a mix of shipping service options between the orders that are to be combined.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@rfmtm wrote:

Do all the listings affected have the same carrier and level of shipping service (all priority, or all parcel select, etc.)?  As problems can arise when there is a mix of shipping service options between the orders that are to be combined.

Yep, that's where my mind was going. I helped a seller a few months ago that had this problem and the answer was she had different shipping services specified. Here's a link to that discussion in case it helps the @burbankshouseofhobbies:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Combined-Shipping-rule/m-p/33402959#M432638

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Of course they don't, some are first class, some are priority and that's what ebay is splitting - this has not been an issue for 20 years - suddenly ebay can't figure out how to combine different shipping methods???  We are 3rd party integrated into ebay, the buyer has no option to select shipping methods at checkout - which ebay insists on claiming they have.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

What are the parameters of the combined shipping rules you set up?

Is it a safe assumption you set up a "Calculated shipping rule" that opts to "Combine all item weights"?

Do you have any other combined shipping rules set up?

Your first class listings that I looked at do not offer a choice of first class or priority. If you add priority as an option, then the buyer can select priority at checkout so those first class items should be able to combine with priority items based on weight once the buyer selects priority for all items.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

As stated, the buyer has no option to select shipping methods.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@burbankshouseofhobbies wrote:

As stated, the buyer has no option to select shipping methods.

On your listings they do not because you have only offered one shipping option on the listings I looked at.

On my listings (on my selling account) buyers can select from multiple shipping options and frequently do.

On other sellers' accounts I've frequently selected a shipping option other than the default.

Whether or not a buyer can select a different shipping option comes down to how your listings are set up. You have to offer multiple shipping options on the same listing to give buyers a choice. When you offer only one shipping option then you're correct, there's no choice for the buyer.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

That's great, however, it has nothing to do with the subject of this post.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply