cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay will not let me add ahipping charges to invoice

I sold a t-shirt to one buyer in Japan and two sets of comic books to another in Spain. The buyers haven't paid yet. I want to send them invoices specifying shipping charges. But eBay will not let me add the shipping charges to the invoices. If I go to calculate the cost with eBay's calculator, eBay will not add the shipping cost to the invoices. And I cannot add the shipping charges myself.  I don't know what to do. I cannot send the invoices without the shipping charges. Has anyone else come across this? By the way, the order details form of the buyer from Japan has some of the information (like his address) in Japanese. Is this common?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Tshirt to Japan: no need to send invoice since you already have shipping specified on the listing so all the buyer has to do is go to his cart and pay.

Comic books to Spain: What do you mean by "eBay will not let me add the shipping charge to the invoice"? Since the buyer won 2 auctions, I assume the reason you want to send an invoice is to combine the shipping rate - is that correct?

-------

General info about sending invoices:

There's no reason to send an invoice unless you have to make an adjustment, for example combined shipping costs or adding another shipping method the buyer requested.

eBay sends out payment reminders to buyers automatically. Sending invoices is a duplication of efforts and clogs the buyer's inbox.

Sending an invoice locks in the shipping cost. That could have a big financial impact on someone that uses calculated shipping. The shipping price gets locked in based on the buyer's default location, but if they change the address at checkout to have that item shipped to Mom across the country, that shipping cost can change by leaps and bounds and seller is out the $$.

Finally, sending an invoice resets the clock on when an order can be cancelled for non-payment when sellers handle UPIs manually. The automated system will cancel based on the seller's settings regardless of sending an invoice, but when you use the manual process and an invoice is sent it resets the clock, giving the buyer an additional 4 days before the system will let the seller cancel.

This page has instructions for the unpaid item process and setting up auto-cancellations in the future.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

On the comic books to Spain, yes, I would like to combine shipping. Since eBay will not let me send an invoice to the buyer, I have no idea how much will the buyer be charged for shipping of both items in a single package.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Can you provide more specifics? Are you getting an error message? Is the ship cost grayed out? Can you post a screenshot of the invoice page and black out the buyer's personal info?

It's really difficult to help on an issue like this with only a vague "won't let me" description of the problem.

Worst case scenario, buyer can pay whatever eBay is telling them to pay and you can refund any overage. Not ideal since paying more upfront may affect customs/duties, but it's an option.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I don't get any error messages. The shipping cost section is blank and eBay will not let me put anything there. I have no idea if eBay  combined shipping for both packages of comic books. I don't know what the buyer is supposed to pay for shipping, $25 or $50. If $50, then I'll have to refund.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

eBay will only combine shipping if you set up combined shipping rules and applied them to the listings. Did you do that? If not, assume buyer is paying separate shipping charges.

Are you trying to send invoice on app? If so, make sure it's latest version of app. If still having problems try a browser.

Are you trying to send invoice on browser? If so, try a different browser to see if that makes a difference. Temporarily disable any add-ons that may be interfering.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

When you say "are you trying to send invoice on an app or on a browser", I don't know what that means I am not computer savy.  I am just trying to send invoice through the eBay link that says "send invoice". I just got an email from the buyer. He says that eBay is asking him to pay separate charges  for each package. I think I will tell him to pay, and I will refund him half of it.

I will follow your advice and check the shipping rules. Where do i find these?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The app is what people use on mobile devices. We can rule that out here.

You're using the website on a traditional computer. Like I said - try a different browser first. Sometimes it's just the browser you're using that is causing the problem. Not sure of your computer knowledge level so in case the info is needed: your browser is the program used to access websites - Firefox, Chrome, Edge, etc

This is the page where you can set up combined shipping rules: https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

Once you set up combined ship rules, you then go in to your listings and apply the combined ship rules on the listings you want included.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply