cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's international shipping program is non-functional and tries to rip me off!

This is the message eBay gives: You can t request a total for items where eBay manages all or part of the shipping.

I won 7 CGC certified comics for a total of $650.62.

Ebay is charging me a louzy $297.78 for a combined shipment by there non-accurate calculating international shipping program for 7 CGC comics and this is even without VAT! 

For that amount i can ship 2 packages of 20kg each from the Netherland to the US and still have money in my pocket!!! What are the actual costs for shipping to the Netherlands from the US with USPS?

I see this as an attempt from eBay to trying to rip me off with charging ridiclous shipping fees with their non-functional international shipping program. This must be solved ASAP!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: eBay's international shipping program is non-functional and tries to rip me off!

@sms303 wrote:

Hopelly the seller is not mad at me by the lot of messages i sent this day the ton of unnecessary extra handling for him/her and is still willing to sell to me.

After all the negs you left them for something they can't control,. I don't think you'll have to worry about buying from them again.

Have a great day
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Re: eBay's international shipping program is non-functional and tries to rip me off!

All the negs were for ebay not the seller. It's not sellers fault that EIS program won't allow combined international shipping.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@sms303 wrote:

All the negs were for ebay not the seller. It's not sellers fault that EIS program won't allow combined international shipping.

Those negs hurt the seller, not Ebay.

Have a great day
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@sms303 wrote:

What should you suggest as best option to solve this?

Hopelly the seller is not mad at me by the lot of messages i sent this day the ton of unnecessary extra handling for him/her and is still willing to sell to me.

I suggest you just pay what you've been billed.  The time to make alternative arrangements is before you buy or bid.  I doubt they're willing to consider alternate arrangements at this point.  I agree with @kensgiftshop's take on the situation.

@sms303 wrote:

Many thanks for your explanation. This makes sense to me.

Sadly eBay is not really a green sustainable company by handling each shipment throuh the EIS program twice and conform your explanation charging twice s/h for the same package.

My wife and I live on Vancouver Island on the west coast of Canada.  Once my wife purchased an item from Southeast Asia.  It went northeast to Alaska, down to Washington State, over to Vancouver, Canada, and then from there to Vancouver Island.  I suspect that if it had travelled directly to Vancouver Island, it would have been the only item on the FedEx cargo plane, and that would have been more wasteful than the package travelling with several others destined for various points along the western part of North America.

eIS is a consolidation and forwarding service.  A lot of what my wife and I order from the US use similar shipment systems now.  Direct commercial mail shipments from the US to Canada are becoming increasingly rare.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Thanks again. My poor English is not helping too. In my native language i can express much better. If everybody around the globe should speak Dutch it was much easier. Written text is always different then talking face to face. If you understand what i mean. I requested the seller to cancel the won auctions and give me a chance to buy the books in a new auction for the 7 items with a buy it now price as work around. If not, it's okay and no hard feelings. It's pity it didn't work as i hoped for. Seller did his best and nothing than good words for the seller, especially for the patience with me. Seller should let me know if he got charged with selling fees for the cancelled auctions.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

This is not just eIS shipping, same was true with GSP, it is a customs requirement and not a seller fault.

And you just had to hit them for every item huh? WOW, thanks for posting.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

My lesson:
Before bidding, ask if seller ships with USPS.......

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@sms303 wrote:

My lesson:
Before bidding, ask if seller ships with USPS.......

Sellers using eBay International Shipping cannot replace it with USPS on individual listings; they would have to “switch it off” for all of their listings to accommodate a buyer request to use USPS for a particular listing.

This is one thing that makes eIS very different from the old Global Shipping Program.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply