cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay "guaranteed delivery" is a crock

Why does eBay insist on holding ME responsible for the delivery time of a package? I would love someone to explain to me how the world tour this package took on it's way to the buyer - 28 days and it's not there yet - is in any way, shape or form my fault.

In case you can't enlarge the picture enough - here's where the package went:

Order placed: December 11 2018
Order shipped: December 12 2018

New Jersey (where I mailed it)>

New York>

Tokyo, Japan>

Beijing, China>

Santa Clarita, California>

Los Angeles, California>

Sydney, Australia (where it's supposed to be)

If you want to check for yourself, here's the tracking number:

LZ424469868US

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I feel ya. I just opted out myself after the shipping charges eBay charged me. I generally ship the same day an order comes in and no later than 24 hours making special trips to the post office to get packages out. During the holiday season, I was shipping items priority mail on my dime to make sure they arrived to the buyer before Christmas. No more. I am not eating shipping for late arrivals anymore - not my fault and frankly, doesn't make sense I have to pay for it. I honestly cannot see how it makes sense on International shipping - that is a expensive risk.

Cheers
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Your title says eBay "Guaranteed Delivery" is a crock.  Why is that a crock?  

Guaranteed delivery is when you have one day handling and use expedited shipping where eBay calculates the item will be delivered in 3 days or less.  eBay guarantees it will be delivered on time or eBay will make it right.  If it's not delivered by the guaranteed date the buyer can

• Receive a voucher that you can use on a future eBay purchase (if shipping was free).
  • Get a refund for the shipping cost (if you paid for shipping).
  • Return the item for free and get a full refund if the listing offers returns.

When you offer returns you have to accept a return for any reason anyway.

Your item did not have guaranteed delivery where eBay refunds the shipping cost if it didn't get delivered in 3 days so a rant about Guaranteed Delivery doesn't even apply here. 

But aside from that the seller is responsible for delivery times whether or not it's a 3 day Guaranteed listing.     If it's not received by the expected delivery date in the listing a buyer can file an item not received dispute and the seller must refund.   It's always been that way.   ALWAYS.  With International deliveries which sometimes take longer the seller protects themselves by shipping it through GSP where GSP and not the seller is responsible for it getting delivered to the buyer.   

If your buyer has filed a not received claim call eBay and ask them to hold the claim open for another 10 days before refunding because tracking shows it's in their country.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply