cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not recognizing "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as delivered.

In many places such as apartment buildings with concierge/doorman, townhouse complexes with a management office, freight forwarders, buildings with mailrooms, etc USPS will deliver to the building's mail "agent" and this has always registered a "delivered" status on the eBay orders page.

That is it used to until about 2-1/2 months ago. Now those orders are stuck as "shipped" as the system is not recognizing that packages were delivered. When you click the tracking pop-up it's stuck at "it's on its way to the buyer" and "was scheduled" for delivery on X date.

I've reported the issue multiple times, but I'm wondering if others here are seeing the same problem?

Hey devon@ebay - can you get the shipping and/or seller hub teams working on this? If you need order numbers or screenshots to reference I can send an e-mail.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 268
latest reply
267 REPLIES 267

I do too,  But perhaps I did speak too soon.

Message 91 of 268
latest reply

And what about sellers who already had refunds snatched from their accounts and/or had their seller status dropped, just for shipping to a provided address as usual?  Hopefully this fix is retroactive, but even if so I doubt their wrongs will be righted without them formally pleading for it, IF they even hear about this fix occurring.  
And how did this "glitch" happen in the first place?  I'm putting glitch in quotes because I don't understand how it couldn't involve humans making a programming decision and acting on it.  USPS already had various notations for what they mean by Delivered, such as 'Left with individual,' 'Placed in parcel locker,' etc.  This new one acknowledging delivery to a freight forwarder is probably some CYA thing on their part, but on USPS website tracking it still means DELIVERED, finito, mission accomplished.   And commenters here are saying at first ebay DID display it the same way (and they bizarrely did on mine, on Nov. 19th anyway).  So when and WHY did it get changed?  

Message 92 of 268
latest reply

I wouldn’t take this thread as a representative sample. You have to consider that people who are actually being harmed by this glitch are much more likely to research the issue and complain about it here. For the record, I am having the issue as well because an order I shipped was sent to an apartment building and apparently delivered to the office, but the buyer has not claimed that it wasn’t received at this point. 

Message 93 of 268
latest reply

Thanks for doing this work!  My customer lives in Croatia.  I only ship USA and shipped to the USA address he gave me.  His messages to me show he received the item but he was not happy with it.  I told him to return it - now this 'Item Not Received complaint', when we know it got there.  (And, tracking shows delivery to USA agent only.)

It's good to know their is still an active Ebay sellers' community!  Many years ago my wife and I were #1 volume sellers on eBay (under our seller ID 'jayandmarie', and 'onecentcds - aol.com'.  We used to joust with eBay then, and many of the policies in place today were still in the formative stages back then.  

Again, thanks for the hard work.  Wish me luck on my claim!      Jay Senese

Message 94 of 268
latest reply

Well hopefully they won't, but mine did 2 months later.  

Message 95 of 268
latest reply

I went back and looked up my orders that were “delivered to agent”: on eBay they still don’t show the delivery completed in the delivery chain. However in the usps website the “delivered to agent” is the end of the delivery chain and is highlighted in green which signifies the completed delivery. 

Message 96 of 268
latest reply

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 10.49.44 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-01-21 at 10.53.52 AM.png

I spoke with a PO worker today and she said she has never seen "Delivered to Agent" for a package going to a PO box. Anyone else have this for a domestic PO box delivery or only FF addresses?

Message 97 of 268
latest reply

Hi I am having this problem right now where it’s saying, “delivered to agent”. But buyer hasn’t put feedback or delivered either I have receipts of USPS and pictures of box before it was sent with the correct address.. I’m just a little worried am I in any trouble?? Can I get scammed out of the item I sold?? 

Message 98 of 268
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

Hi all! I wanted to share the latest update that I have heard back from our Policy team on this. They had the following to share:

“eBay policy has been updated to consider “Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery,” as delivered.”

This is really great news, thanks so much devon@ebay! I appreciate that you stuck with us on this.

Can you also confirm if tracking status on eBay is going to be fixed? I'm still seeing these items stuck on "in transit" - back in October I was seeing "delivered". You can reference my above screenshots if needed. Was the shipping team able to confirm this glitch is being worked on?

Hey @wastingtime101! I can reach and see what the status of that is and let you know once I hear back! 

Devon,
eBay
Message 99 of 268
latest reply

Thank you, Devon. I'm going to hold off on marking a solution until the shipping status issue is resolved since that's why I initially started this discussion.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 100 of 268
latest reply

Hello,

I am having the same problem, glad it seems there is a fix on the way just want to be vocal here to show how many more people actually are affected by this.

Message 101 of 268
latest reply

I have this issue too

Message 102 of 268
latest reply

I shipped a return back, and same thing happened.  It was sent to an apartment which was a different address from where it was shipped to me.  It delivered to an agent and seller saying he never got it, and not won’t refund my money. What can I do?

Thanks

Message 103 of 268
latest reply

@doupa_7053 wrote:

I shipped a return back, and same thing happened.  It was sent to an apartment which was a different address from where it was shipped to me.  It delivered to an agent and seller saying he never got it, and not won’t refund my money. What can I do?

If you filed a formal return request and the label was automatically generated through eBay's return system then you can contact CS for resolution. Go to eBay on facebook or askebay on twitter and send a DM.

If you went outside the returns system that may complicate things.

GLORIOUS!

Message 104 of 268
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Ebay is not recognizing delivered to agent for final delivery. Tracking is 9449008205496372089779. I'm a new seller, and my funds are on hold. I'm concerned my account may be flagged as a new seller. Can you please resolve this? Or do I need to call customer service? Thanks

Message 105 of 268
latest reply