cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay and USPS

My time using Ebay is about over. All  the sellers insist on using USPS. Currently I have 5 orders pending on USPS. 3 out of 5 are lost by USPS and they say its not their problem. The sellers do not care either they are only concerned with cheap shipping and not reliable shipping. In the end it is the customer that loses until they leave Ebay and all the sellers and then the sellers lose but evidently the most of them are not smart enough to see it. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay and USPS

@orphans2 wrote:

Currently I have 5 orders pending on USPS. 3 out of 5 are lost by USPS and they say its not their problem.

The sellers do not care either they are only concerned with cheap shipping and not reliable shipping.

In the end it is the customer that loses 

Quite the contrary @orphans2 because

1. when tracking doesn't show delivered

2. you'd start an item not received case at eBay

3. and then either the seller or eBay will issue your refund.

The buyer doesn't lose!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

eBay and USPS

25 tornadoes touching 3 states

Storms hitting 25 Million people 

That means that just about ALL the carriers will have delays. 

You are covered so you really should not care. The item will get to you and if it doesn't, you can get a refund. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

eBay and USPS

Do your USPS packages go through the Atlanta or Houston distribution centers?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

eBay and USPS

That is good to know I guess. Let me relate a true story. I ordered an item a while back. I live in NC. This item went west from Idaho and then back to Massachusetts then Delaware and Virginia. It then came to Raleigh NC which is 50 miles from me.  After arriving in Raleigh it sat for a couple of days and then it came to my home town and set for a couple of more days. Buyers including myself are not expecting it to take that long to get  our merchandise. That is not customer satisfaction and the only control a buyer can offer is to offer a shipping carrier not as pathetic as the USPS has become even if the cost is passed on to the customer, at least that way we have a choice of paying prime shipping or dealing with most likely long long delivery times and or a complete loss of our merchandise and making us hassle to request and wait for refunds. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

eBay and USPS

I am not sure why it would be either but if you read my comment on some of my last orders it would seem that USPS parcels coming to NC from almost any state tend to take a 40 state tour and sit in our post offices for long delays if we ever get them. As I said I do not blame the sellers. I know they are trying to offer good prices by cheap shipping so I do get that. I just with they would realize the horrible state of affairs that USPS has become and offer better choices for the buyers. As for distribution centers I can relate that after arriving in NC our packages come either into Greensboro or Raleigh. I am 70 miles from Greensboro and 50 from Raleigh so the long delays and losses incurred after arriving here are just not justified IMHO. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply