cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Labels are printing wrong date

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is just happening to me but I usually print labels late at night (it's about 10 p.m.) I make sure my labels are on the correct shipping date but just a heads up that December 12,2018 is coming out as December 13, 2018. It may just be my computer. I'll try and contact eBay.

Thank you and happy selling.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay Labels are printing wrong date

The Post Office accepts printed shipping dates three days earlier or later than the actual current shipping date so I wouldn't worry -- unless your local postal people don't know what they are doing. Not sure about other carriers.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The Post Office accepts printed shipping dates three days earlier or later than the actual current shipping date so I wouldn't worry -- unless your local postal people don't know what they are doing. Not sure about other carriers.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Since you’re in Hawaii and it’s 10pm on the 12th, its the 13th in the wee am here on the mainland! Aloha!
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

It's the 12th here..... 🙂

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I decided to go with the post office. Thank you to all the answer. I think the online labels were off because I physically had the scrolling bar on the correct date but when I opened the label to print it showed the following date December 13,2018 despite me picking the 12th. 🙂 No worries though because as sellers we need to adapt to bugs and glitches on eBay.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Oh gaaahhhh. That’s why I shouldn’t play with electronics before I go to sleep! Sorry about that!
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I assume that if you are printing labels at 10PM 12/12 you are not actually going to drop them off at the post ofice at 10:30PM 12/12. You are going to drop them off in the morning, which will be 12/13,. There is no problem here.

The date is the SHIPPING date not the print date.

However, if you check your sales ticket it will show ship date as 12/12 even though the label says 12/13.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

I assume that if you are printing labels at 10PM 12/12 you are not actually going to drop them off at the post ofice at 10:30PM 12/12. You are going to drop them off in the morning, which will be 12/13,. There is no problem here.

The date is the SHIPPING date not the print date.

However, if you check your sales ticket it will show ship date as 12/12 even though the label says 12/13.

I think this is more a problem of eBay's new label printer.  I just printed a label today (12/13) at 10:30pm with the intention of dropping it off tomorrow morning (12/14).  In the old classic label version whenever it was past 7:00pm local time it would always set the default date to the next day.  Today was my first time using the new label this late at night and it still defaulted to today's date.  I had to void the label and print a new one with the correct mail date on the label.  I printed a few labels around 6pm last year and didn't pay attention to the dates, when I took them to the post office the next morning they accepted the First Class packages but rejected the Priority packages with a mail date of the day before saying that on Priority packages they guarantee delivery dates so they cannot be predated.  I'm not sure if that is what every post office does or if mine is just really picky.  When I just did my reprint tonight the default dates were today for the new label printer and tomorrow for the classic label printer.  I guess eBay just now expects us to find a post office that is open 24/7.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

This just happened to me.I printed label 1:15am on 07/23/19 but label printed out with 07/22/19 date ( prior date)???

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

With incorrect date stampHI have a Priority 2 date package, sure hope the PO will except it.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply