cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay International Shipping Question

Hey all. 

I had a Canadian buyer commit to purchase 11 items last night. I do allow combined shipping and Canada is not blocked. The items appeared under "Awaiting Payment". 

He requested an invoice. I tried to send one, but the new program does not allow it. 

The shipping should have been around $25, but it was showing him $184. Apparently, it was charging full shipping for each item?

He claimed he used the shopping cart but wouldn't answer specific questions related to that topic. 

I'm trying figure out if it was user error or if the program is not combining.

Discuss...

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: eBay International Shipping Question

The new program, EIS does not combine shipping. It charges full shipping cost for each item even if the cart is used.  I've asked if they will be changing that and didn't really get an answer. Your only option right now to combine is to make a separate listing for all items.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like the only real option is to opt out. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yep, I had someone in Canada buy 2 items the other week, though they did not use the cart & I did start a thread, consensus was I had to ship separately, which I'd prefer to do anyway, so win/win.  

I'm not sure you can opt out after the fact, but you can try it.  Just remember that opting out is going to affect all your listings, not just this one.   

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There is an opt out option in settings. Then one can just add the old method back to the business policies. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply