cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay International Shipping Program Inconsistencies

I recently sold a few of a large round auctions of trading cards to a buyer in Australia. This round of auctions was my first foray into the International Shipping Program.

The auctions seem to work fine with payment and everything. The buyer then wanted to buy a Buy It Now listing of mine (value between $300-400). The listing has the exact same shipping policy as the auctions did. But when the buyer looks at it, it says it does not ship to Australia.

I have no idea what could be causing this. He had no trouble bidding on the auctions, but now the buy it now isn't an option. Can anyone make sense of this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Which item is it?

Your listings are pretty inconsistent as to where you ship to. 

Some of your listings ship with EIS, some excluded most of the plant earth, some have limited countries you’ll ship to. 
I didn’t look at all of them though. 
If you want to use EIS I suggest you revise your listings.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. It's this listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/176173151671?hash=item2904bcf5b7:g:q60AAOSwCTBln-Lk

Now that listing has the shipping policy that I used for 1300 other listings. When I click on the policy details, it says no locations are excluded. It's the same policy I had on the auctions that the buyer won without issue.

Now, when I go to my shipping preferences at www.ebay.com/ship/prf, it says I have 225 locations that I don't ship to. I then click "Edit" and it tells me this:

When you apply your shipping exclusions, we'll block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location you don't ship to. You can change this setting in the buyer requirements section of your selling preferences. These exclusions will be used as the default when creating new shipping policies. To update the exclusions on your live listings, edit their shipping policies.

So I go to the shipping policy and again, there are no excluded locations. And supposedly the master list of excluded location should be on the page above, but it tells to me to go to the individual policies. And under all but one policy (with only 2 listings), it says this: 

Exclude shipping locations
No locations are excluded

So I guess the problem is that there is some double secret probation list of countries I have excluded, and I need to find that list.

There is one shipping policy I have that has 2 listings that still has a bunch of excluded destinations. Knowing eBay, is there a possibility that that one policy is applying its exclusions to 1500 other listings under a different policy?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

To put a bit of a finer point on it...

These two listings have the exact same shipping policy. But the former ships anywhere and the latter only ships to USA and Canada.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173399514259

https://www.ebay.com/itm/176173151671

Message 4 of 4
latest reply