cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Global shipping sucks

Every time a seller uses eBay Global Shipping it turns into a 1–2-month journey on a container ship. Second bad experience and the last. I will ask seller every time what shipping he is using if it's eBay Global shipping I will ask for another way to ship it or it's a no-go. Seller shipped a Sailors WW1 era British Navy ditty box on time, but eBay Global shipping fumbled the ball. It got stuck 11 days saying this little box was a restricted item it was a little wooden box. With a little complaint by seller and buyer the slow eBay global shipping finely put it in a container on a container ship 11 days late. I used to load containers on container ships of military equipment when in the Navy takes 2-4 days to load one then the slow ride over and if there so cheap to use container ships when it gets from England to the USA, they use Big Rigs trucks for a slow ride across the states no air for global shipping. And there no way to give feedback on Global shipping only the seller and it's not their fault. There should be a way seller and buyer can give feedback on global shipping. Otherwise, it stays broken and does not get better. So sellers avoid using eBay global shipping to avoid bad feedback. Funny thing when I contacted eBay, they said it was not shipped by eBay Global shipping, but the seller told me it was, and the tracking said it was eBay Global Shipping, eBay don't want to claim their problem child eBay global shipping the slowest shipping on the planet. When a seller uses other shipping even royal mail faster had a deck clock from England, I got off eBay on my doorstep in 2-3 days, I did not ask for FedEx, but he got the best feedback I ever gave.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

How long start to finish?

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Just because it says loaded into a container it doesn't mean it was shipped by boat. All packages going by air get loaded into containers also and then loaded onto the plane. I highly doubt EIS is shipping items sea mail. I agree that EIS can sometimes take quite long but usually it is only a week to 10 days at the shipping hub.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

It took a week and a half for it to go from GB to my door in NYC.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@tree105 wrote:

eBay removed their mistake that it was a restricted item when it was a little wooden box. Now trying to hide eBay global shipping mistake.

Might have been a little wooden box, but there are some woods you can't import or export to other countries.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 19 of 19
latest reply