cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contact information for Ebay's freight forwarding service

Hello, I had a package shipped via eBay's freight forwarding service go to the wrong country and then go missing. Because eBay has decided to abandon their responsibility in this matter, I am trying to find out what happened on my own. I need the contact information for the freight forwarding service that eBay told me to mail my package too. All I have is this address:

E INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY

CS/PO BOX# 7921

ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL 60009-7921

If anyone has any details about this freight forwarding service like a phone number or email I would appreciate it.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Are you sure it's lost or is the parcel awaiting consolidation in some international hub? Are you using the tracking information from the ebay site or from one of the many offline international e-shipment websites that have more information?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@chris6mgz 

Once your shipment has officially been "Received" at the eBay International Shipping Hub, your seller responsibility has ended, and eBay's has begun.

So don't worry about it -- if there are delivery problems after that point, that is an eBay problem -- and not yours.

If your buyer opens up an "INR" claim, that will be against eBay -- and not you.

I have had 2 EIS shipments gone astray during the last few months -- and eBay took responsibility for both "INR" cases -- eBay refunded the buyers from eBay funds, while my payments remained untouched.

No need to give yourself another reason for headaches -- EIS is an eBay problem, and not the seller's.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I wish this were true. eBay has abdicated any responsibility for the loss of the package. They have told me that if I want a refund, I have to get in touch with the EIS shipper. I do not have any contact info for this shipper, so here I am dealing with a headache that is eBay's fault.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I looked at your items for sale. Titles are misleading. They say 99 cent sale but starting bid is $50.00 how is that a 99 cent sale? 
Also your items don't ship with eBay's International Shipping program. They ship First Class International parcel. 
That is why eBay is not accepting responsibility.

Sounds more like your buyer used a freight  forwarder.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I think the Ebay International Shipping hub is in Glendale Hights, IL.

Sounds like the buyer used a freight forwarder that has nothing to do with Ebay.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hi @chris6mgz . You'll have to disregard all of the responses that are about eBay International Shipping (eIS).

You shipped using eBay International Standard Delivery (eISD).

That means you are responsible for the package end-to-end. Did the buyer file a non-receipt claim? If they did, and tracking shows delivery to the wrong country, you will need to refund. But the good news is eISD comes with up to $100 insurance. Hopefully that's enough to cover the cost of your item (assuming you did not choose to purchase additional insurance).

You can file an eISD insurance claim here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-standar...

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The current items listed were intended for a 1 week sale. eBay auto-resisted them and won't let me change the title. I raised the initial bid to help wait out eBay's auto-resist policy. I am not trying to be misleading.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@chris6mgz wrote:

The current items listed were intended for a 1 week sale. eBay auto-resisted them and won't let me change the title. I raised the initial bid to help wait out eBay's auto-resist policy. I am not trying to be misleading.

Hey @chris6mgz . You can proceed 2 ways:

1. Revise the listings. As long as there are no bids or active offers you should have zero issues editing the listings.  https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/revising-listing?id=4356

2. End the listings and start anew. https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/ending-listing?id=4146

In addition, you can turn off auto-relist for auctions. Would need to know what listing form you're using to provide specific instructions - or a screenshot of the price section if you're not sure. (Mobile app form, web simple form, web business form.)

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply