cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I ship this model ship pattern by media mail.

P8016553.JPG

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: can I ship this model ship pattern by media mail.

No, it does not qualify for media mail.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

No, it does not qualify for media mail.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Why does it not qualify?  Not arguing, just trying to learn... because I looked at the requirements and in my opinion it would qualify under "Printed educational reference charts"....  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I had a guy send me a skateboard deck media mail! He saved $15 sending it that way.  The average USPS employee wont care to check whats inside. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@stacy_1971 wrote:

Why does it not qualify?  Not arguing, just trying to learn... because I looked at the requirements and in my opinion it would qualify under "Printed educational reference charts"....  

I don't think a diagram/pattern on how to build something qualifies as an educational reference chart. Regardless, the OP's item is multiple sheets taped together and that alone disqualifies it as an eligible reference chart.

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/173.htm

Printed educational reference charts designed to instruct or train individuals for improving or developing their capabilities. Each chart must be a single printed sheet of information designed for educational reference. The information on the chart, which may be printed on one or both sides of the sheet, must be conveyed primarily by graphs, diagrams, tables, or other nonnarrative matter. An educational reference chart is normally but not necessarily devoted to one subject. A chart on which the information is conveyed primarily by textual matter in a narrative form does not qualify as a printed educational reference chart for mailing at the Media Mail prices even if it includes graphs, diagrams, or tables. Examples of qualifying charts include maps produced primarily for educational reference, tables of mathematical or scientific equations, noun declensions or verb conjugations used in the study of languages, periodic table of elements, botanical or zoological tables, and other tables used in the study of science.

GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

And here's a relevant ruling: "Crossword puzzles, pattern books, poster books, iron-on transfer books, and cut-out books which do not consist of reading matter as well as publications containing advertising are not acceptable in the mails at the Media Mail rate of postage."

https://pe.usps.com/text/csr/PS-064.htm

Message 6 of 6
latest reply