cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer pays then wants delayed shipping of one week

The buyer pays ....then wants delayed shipping of one week. I called eBay after receiving the buyers request. 10 minute phone time.....they told me to wait til the Buyer gets the item delivered... then to call eBay back, to remove the defect...does this work?...what a hassle.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, it does.  Either that or just take the performance strike against your account if you can afford it- that is what I would do. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Quote Nancy Reagan, "Just say no."

The buyer can request special delivery instructions from shipping company.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@petercrowell_artgallery wrote:

The buyer pays ....then wants delayed shipping of one week. I called eBay after receiving the buyers request. 10 minute phone time.....they told me to wait til the Buyer gets the item delivered... then to call eBay back, to remove the defect...does this work?...what a hassle.

Buyer can probably make arrangements for their mail to be held if they are going to be gone for a week.  You can explain that Ebay requires you to honor the handling time you choose and that you need to ship timely to avoid an Ebay defect.  Just some thoughts.  

Buyer should have asked before buying.  I know it has been said that they message will protect you against any defects, but it might prove to be a bit more difficult when you call CS.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As long as you have a message, and you call after it hits your account, you'll get the on-time shipping defect removed, but not the tracking upload issue fixed.  But the latter only goes back 3 months for evaluations. 

In an ideal world, the buyer should've given you the option (asked) before they purchased, but this is eBayland where we're supposed to act like the big boy box sellers (who could not do such a thing) but perform with courtesy like mom&pop.

I always honor my customers request when it comes to shipping delays, but it's entirely your decision.  Knowing it might be exposed to the elements, theft, etc for a week on their doorstep when they've requested a delay just doesn't seem like good business.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have had requests before and I honor them - makes for return customers - plus many times they might be getting items that they don't want held (too $$$) or have a family see.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply