cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

avoid ebay International Standard Delivery

I don't sell too many stuffs oversea - mostly stamps in 9 x 7 envelop and I usually use  " ebay International Sandard Delivery", but seems it is very unreliable recently.

Originally I thought it endorsed by ebay -- if it is received by US shipping hub then seller can rest in peace. But actually it is not. 

Last month an Italy buyer is angary as his post office took about 2 months to delivery his mail,  and hold his mail and demanded him extra 7 euro dollar (maybe he came across rogue postman in Italy?), I have to personally refund him to avoid negative feedback.

Now another mail shipped to Malaysia stuck in US custom near Chicago for about 50 days, seems it is handled by DHL ecommerce but there is no way to contact DHL, seller require refund - as seller asked to declare value to $70 even for the $500 sold price, I even don't have any way to file claim and get money back -- even I declared full price seems insurance just cover up to $100.

I will avoid International Standard Delivery anyway, usually GSP (global shipping program) is more expensive to buyer, but anyone knows whether it is safer to seller?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

International standard delivery is NOT The same thing as ebays Global Shipping Program.

It is not seller friendly like GSP.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

With gsp you are not responsible for inr’s once the package reaches the gsp center.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

NEVER claim a false value on a customs form. This is a crime for which you can be prosecuted. It also can complicate insurance claims. 

We use eBay International Standard Delivery exclusively for international shipments and the reliability is about the same as that of domestic delivery.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply