cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes I know I should know better! Scammed again ! Ranting

I buy a lot on ebay and have for years but this scam of not putting all items in the box Yet package shows delivered is a pain in my butt!  Yes I have won claims in the past for this but it takes time and is a bit stressful because you always wonder will they get away with it this time? I am sure ebay is on to this trick but it is still a pain!

When I order inexpensive items with free shipping I always try to make a big order so they make plenty of money instead of them paying shipping on 1 or 2 items obviously they can not make money that way after shipping ... And there are some great sellers in India that I am sure appreciate that But the Scammers always mess it up for the good sellers.

For now on if I buy from a new seller "to me"  it is one item at a time what a shame!

Unless they have super good fb

I know My Hubby Hopes I lose a case thinking I will get mad and never shop on ebay again lol

I used to think "FAT CHANCE" but sadly I am getting close 😞

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Should've Known Better / Should have known better lol
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

When your package isn't complete, as in some items are missing, are you not opening item not as described cases immediately? And returning to escalate them 4 days later?

If you find that to take too long (a week at the most if you do it right) or stressful, then maybe online shopping isn't for you.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I can help you to never rarely have a problem with your purchases if you will just follow these rules:

1. Vet your sellers, do not shop with sellers with less than a 99.8% feedback.  This is a general rule, because if the seller is a low volume seller, one FB could take them further down.  On the other hand, if a seller is selling thousands of items per month and is receiving hundreds of neutrals or negatives a month, a 99.8% would be horrible.
  2. Once you've had a problem with a seller, do not do business with them again.  If you had a problem with them once, what makes you thing the next time is going to be any different?  I noticed that you purchased over and over again (even months apart) from sellers you left a negative for... why?
  3. Pay attention to the names of the sellers you're buying from... make a list, check it twice.  For example, I saw where you had a problem with Alice17 (made up name) and then you purchased from Alice18 (made up name) and had the exact same problem with them.  Don't you see that this is the same seller?
  4. Correctly utilize the tools that eBay has given you.  If a seller only sends you half the stuff ordered, do not open an INR (item not received), open a INAD (item not as described).  Even if you order 20 items at once and only 10 arrive, the seller has a tracking number attached to the missing 10, you will lose an INR every time.  By opening a INAD, you are correctly utilizing the tool... It isn't as described, you ordered 20 and only got 10.
  5. Stop ordering huge numbers of items until you know how reliable a seller is and how good their product is.  As a seller, I always shake my head when I get a new buyer order a huge number of my items all at once.  Please don't get me wrong, I love a large order.... easier to package and more profit for me.  But it always makes me nervous because even though I'm very confident in my product, I always wonder if they've actually read the listing.  I recently had to accept a return of 32 items because the "new" buyer hadn't read the listing and really had no idea what he was ordering.  A few years back, I had to accept a HUGE order of items back... this took me half the afternoon to refund and cancel these literally hundreds of items.
  6. Stop ordering from China... OK, I'm not really going to tell you to stop ordering from China.  I can see the sorts of items that your are ordering and the fact is that all of them are made in China.... well, actually almost everything is made in China because we've allowed our manufacturing industry to be taken over with the love of cheap trinkets and "stuff".  Your choices of vendors of this "stuff" is to order directly from a vendor in China OR to order from a middleman who ordered directly from a vendor in China.  You need to follow the rules I've outlined above to vet these sellers or accept the fact that they may not have the same standards you should be able to expect.  In other words, set your expectations a little bit lower.
  7. If you want to avoid being bid up on items, whether by an alleged shill or by another buyer, just don't bid.  You should ignore the item until the last few moments of the auction and then put in the largest amount you are willing to pay for the item.  Sure, you risk either losing the bid, but notice I said to bid the largest amount you are willing to pay, if you lose the bid, it was more than you were willing to pay.  You also risk the seller cancelling your item because the bid was too low.... Nothing you can do about that.
  8. If you order 20 items and only 10 items arrive, request a refund for the missing 10.  Do NOT accept the seller's promise that they will send the other 10... They aren't going to do that.  They will delay you until your MBG times out.
  9. As someone else mentioned.... buyers who leave a lot of bad FB or open a lot of cases risk losing their MBG.  If you order 20 items and only 10 arrive and you cannot work it out with the seller and decide to leave a neg for the items, do not leave a neg for the 20 total items, only the items that didn't arrive.  I admit, it may be tempting to neg bomb that seller, but it makes you the buyer look as bad as the seller.

I do hope you will receive this post in the way it is meant... Helping you become a more informed and experienced buyer.

Good luck in all your eBay transactions.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I agree with the Hubby and the other posters. 

If you do not know how to vet your sellers you should not be buying on eBay.

The latest neg you gave is a OBVIOUS fake. Mystic topaz is not a gemstone that lends its self to cabochons. Cabochons are made using poor quality stones and ones with inclusions like rutilated quartz where they are shown off best with a smooth surface. Mystic Topaz is a CREATED stone made when a clear topaz, without inclusions or natural color is coated giving the stone a rainbow effect along the facets.

(LOL I bet at sometime you bought rainbow rose seeds too, didn't you?)  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply