cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you ship or cancel an ebay international sale?

If a buyer purchased and paid for an item via the new international ebay program, and then wanted to do a cancellation, would you ship the item still and deny the cancel or cancel the item?

If you ship the item and the buyer returns it, you still keep the money because the international program handles returns.

If the buyer opens a credit card dispute, same outcome as above.

The buyer also cannot leave you negative feedback either being EIS.

i have heard buyers have been cancelling because of the pre-paid ordeal where it auto charges their offer. The thing is it doesn’t show the exact customs amount so buyers then want to cancel since they feel it was too much.

thoughts?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If a buyer ask to have an order canceled, it doesn't matter where it's going, I'll cancel the order.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@agemelee 

There is nothing to gain from sending an item to a customer that doesn’t want it. 

Cancel and refund. Add the buyer to your Blocked Bidder List. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You would still be paid though, so technically yes you did gain.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

And the buyer would still get a full refund if they returned it.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Also @dryophelia  why would you block them?

international EIS they cannot leave a negative feedback, and returns and chargebacks handled by ebay

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@agemelee 

In most cases, yes. They get a full refund, but the seller pays return shipping. 

eIS transactions are different. eBay is responsible for the item after it reaches the international shipping hub. 

It’s just easier to refund when they ask. Less drama. 

Edited to add-

Yes, they can leave feedback. 
Post 6, that arrived while I was typing, makes it seem like you might enjoy the drama and angst. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Only talking about EIS not domestic

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Better to cancel if the buyer wants (before you ship the item.) Best to be proactive in preventing future headaches, than hoping the seller protections you are supposed  to have will always work out in your favor. By not cancelling, you might be causing yourself more drama and stress than the cost of the item is worth, even if it all works out in your favor in the end.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

You know the buyer doesn't want it, but you would ship it anyway? 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply