cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is eBay doing about the insane rate hikes with the USPS?

How is ebay talking to Louis DeJoy of USPS about yearly rate hikes, and now even more rate hikes up to 8.8%. Will these yearly rate hikes ever stop. We need to talk about subsidies for the USPS and return the USPS to the Government. Serious talks must happen. When the cost to ship and item is more than the cost of the item itself, then we have a problem.

I ask ebay management to to do something about this.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

USPS about yearly rate hikes, and now even more rate hikes up to 8.8%.

They have ALWAYS gone up every year.

And the key words are UP TO 8%. Not every class is going up 8%. And considering the recent 7% or so inflation rate the increase is perfectly understandable. Consider how many vehicles the USPS uses - all of which need gas which has gone up almost double in some states.

We need to talk about subsidies for the USPS

ABSOLUTELY NOT.  Where so you think those subsidies come from?  YOUR TAX DOLLARS. Increasing the subsidies increases your taxes. And besides, why should MY tax dollars subsidize YOU?

and return the USPS to the Government.

Again ABSOLUTELY NOT. The government is beholding to special interests. A privately owned company is more likely to operate efficiently and at a lower cost. How do you think UPS and FedEx are frequently less expensive than USPS?

When the cost to ship and item is more than the cost of the item itself, then we have a problem.

Well, sell more expensive items. Besides the postage has to do with WEIGHT not VALUE. A pound of gold, a pound of lead - it's all the same to them.

I ask ebay management to do something about this.

It is not eBay’s job to solve your problems.

Sorry but I thoroughly disagree with every one of your points.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It is what it is. It's the whole economy. I don't suppose someone at ebay can just drop a line and say "Hook a buddy up?"

If it were that easy I'd just go to my local PO where they know me and ask for special treatment. They would like to, but... can't.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@postype wrote:

Will these yearly rate hikes ever stop.

Brace yourself, dude. Starting this year USPS is raising rates 2x per year instead of 1x. January and July will both see increases. Plus the Sept-Dec holiday surcharge will come into play.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply