cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Parcel Select Ground vs. Retail Ground?

What is Parcel Select Ground vs. Retail Ground?  I always choose Parcel Select because I thought that was the old Parcel Post. Today I noticed Retail Ground as an option when setting up a listing. What is that?

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Parcel Select and Retail Ground are both the old Parcel Post. They are both slower truck shipping. The only difference is the Retail Ground rate is higher and is the rate paid over the counter at the Post Office. The Parcel Select rate is lower and can only be purchased online.

Same service, PS paid online for less, RG paid at the PO counter and costs more.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Parcel Select and Retail Ground are both the old Parcel Post. They are both slower truck shipping. The only difference is the Retail Ground rate is higher and is the rate paid over the counter at the Post Office. The Parcel Select rate is lower and can only be purchased online.

Same service, PS paid online for less, RG paid at the PO counter and costs more.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 2
latest reply