cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What information do I need to give seller to be reimbursed for SNAD return shipping.

I purchased an item that was vastly different than picture or described. I filed a SNAD with a detailed description and photos. The seller agreed on the return, but cannot send me a return shipping label, as seller is in China and buyer is in the United States. Seller asked that I return item to a different address that in the US. It's my impression that seller should be paying the return shipping and if I buy the shipping label before receiving funds for it Ebay can't guarantee the seller pays for it, but how does seller giver buyer the money via Paypal? Do I need to provide Paypal information or does the seller already have that information?

Apologies, but I am new to Ebay, as well as Paypal, and am ignorant in how all this works. Also, I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but I don't have much time for research as this is time-sensitive, so I thought I'd come here to the experts. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What information do I need to give seller to be reimbursed for SNAD return shipping.

They can send return shipping money to you through PayPal.  You're only obligated to return it to a US address if the item location is in the US. The seller sends return shipping money up front to return to a US location or you ask eBay for a label or a refund.   If the item location was China and they want you to return it to China return shipping with tracking is a minimum cost of $50. Only calculated Priority or the large flat rate box tracks.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@cw12-8681 wrote:

...  Ebay can't guarantee the seller pays for it, but how does seller giver buyer the money via Paypal? Do I need to provide Paypal information or does the seller already have that information?

The seller already has your PayPal info, but it is no problem providing it to them again.

You simply figure out how much it will cost to send the item with tracking to the address provided by your seller, and then you send a message to the seller stating that they either need to (a) send that amount of money to your PayPal account so that you can purchase the postage, or (b) refund your money without requiring the return.

My guess is that this seller will just go ahead and refund you.  But, if they do neither in 3-4 business days, then escalate the claim (or contact eBay customer service) telling them that the buyer will not accommodate return shipping.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply