cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I supposed to do if a seller sends my item to the WRONG address in a different state

I ordered a fan from a seller and they shipped it out to the WRONG address, this is the shipping.

Jul 8, 2021 - 8:09am - Tracking number provided

Jul 8, 2021 - 6:41am - PDT Shipment information sent to FedEx 44883

Jul 8, 2021 - 1:39pm - PDT Picked up MANSFIELD, OH 44906

Jul 8, 2021 - 3:56pm - PDT Arrived at FedEx location MANSFIELD, OH 44906 

Jul 8, 2021 - 6:34pm - PDT Left FedEx origin facility MANSFIELD, OH 44906

Jul 8, 2021 - 10:03pm - PDT Arrived at FedEx location PERRYSBURG, OH 43551

Jul 9, 2021 - 2:28am - PDT Returning package to shipper - Shipper requested shipment to be returned - Unable to deliver shipment - Returning to shipper PERRYSBURG, OH 43551

Jul 9, 2021 - 2:28am - PDT Address corrected

Jul 9, 2021 - 2:33am - PDT Arrived at FedEx location PERRYSBURG, OH 43551

Jul 10, 2021 - 12:54am - PDT Departed FedEx location PERRYSBURG, OH 43551

Jul 10, 2021 - 5:17am - PDT At local FedEx facility INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46218

Jul 10, 2021 - 6:51am PDT - On FedEx vehicle for delivery INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46218

Jul 12, 2021 - 12:17pm - PDT Delivered Greenfield, IN 46140

That would great if I lived in "Greenfield, IN", but I live in "Dearborn Heights, Michigan"

What and how do I get my item or a refund? I tried opening a case, but they said "it was delivered", so what can I do?  Thanks

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: What am I supposed to do if a seller sends my item to the WRONG address in a different state

You have to click the help and contact link at bottom of page. Explain to an eBay rep it was not shipped to your address.  It may take more than one call. Don't give up.  Was it a high value item?   

I hope you paid by credit card as you always should.  If you did and eBay can't help, call your card company to file with them.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: What am I supposed to do if a seller sends my item to the WRONG address in a different state

did the seller give you the correct tracking number? 

Also...Jul 9, 2021 - 2:28am - PDT Returning package to shipper - Shipper requested shipment to be returned - Unable to deliver shipment - Returning to shipper PERRYSBURG, OH 43551...

it kinda looks like the shipper tried to recall this package while in transit.   Possibly they realized it was an error in address labels being put on wrong box?  Who knows, but its the responsibility of the seller to deliver the item purchased in "as sold" condition to the seller's address...or refund all the money resulting from a lost or mis delivered package. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

How do I "explain to an eBay rep" if it does not have a link to a rep?  

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@north40sales wrote:

Possibly they realized it was an error in address labels being put on wrong box? 

its the responsibility of the seller to deliver the item purchased in "as sold" condition to the seller's address.

See how easily that happens -- mixing up "seller" and "buyer" -- just like mixing up labels?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@58skid wrote:

How do I "explain to an eBay rep" if it does not have a link to a rep?  

Don’t be daft lol, of course explain when you can get in touch with one. On an iPad (other devices/formats may vary), scroll to bottom and hit “Contact Us” then have to drill down to your issue and click “Get automated help”, a box would pop up, scroll down to click “More...”, scroll down again to “Contact an agent”. Then you get option to chat or get a call back.

A08FBA85-9D2B-44C6-B803-5688F9C8727F.jpeg

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Definetely DO NOT email the seller and ask if they made a mistake and give them a chance to fix it. (reship to correct address or refund)

What you need to do is leave them negative feedback, chargeback your credit card and post in online forums for help.

But don't contact the seller. 

How did you use eBay 743 times and can't read the simpest instructions.

Ebay customer support is designed to make it easy for 72 year old grannies who never shopped online before. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Why would they not contact the seller?  That seems to be the logical thing to do.

At the very least they could ask why the package was intercepted and the address changed.

There is lots of time to leave feedback. To suggest leaving a negative right away isn't necessary and won't give the seller any sort of incentive.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Contact seller that they made a mistake and expect a refund, give it a day, no response contact eBay.

Should be quite easy to resolve.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

The lame responses were either sarcasm that fell extremely flat (hopefully) or the work of trolls (most likely).  The sad part is some people would believe the trolls.   Contact the seller first and give them a chance to fix things.  If the seller is a Toon, then you get eBoo involved. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 10 of 10
latest reply